Wednesday, July 21, 2021

SWEET PEACE

 



Aah!!!  Peace!!!  Tranquility!!!  I know I've said this so many, many times before, but I am a peace lover.   The sheer silence surrounds me and quiets my mind and calms my fears and eases the tension of a hectic day. Gentle waves crashing on a shoreline, birds chirping in the woods behind us, the whirl of a fan on a hot summer night, a deer eating the wheat that the farmer just harvested, a sunrise at dawn or a sunset.  These are just a few of the amazing things that bring me a deep sense of peace.  This peace I long for, this peace I crave propels me to draw closer to my God who created all these wonderful things.  

My mind is often a battlefield that the enemy attacks.  He tries to fill my mind with lies, he tempts me to live in fear, he longs to steal my joy and kill the hope that lives inside of me.  He attacks me all the time, or I should say, he tries to.  As long as I am alive he will continue to try to use my mind as a battlefield. But I need to remember that the battle for my mind belongs to my God.  As long as I cling to Him, as long as I believe in Jesus Christ, the battle for my mind has already been won.  The enemy was defeated by the resurrection of Jesus Christ. He lost, he just refuses to give up.  He doesn't want to admit that he lost the battle.  You know how we get when we lost an argument, we don't want to admit it.  We'll sink our teeth into an argument refusing to give up, our enemy is no different.

Being labeled a "peacemaker" can often be a condemning statement by the worlds standards.  I often felt like I was not bold enough or brave enough to stand my ground.  Often I was ridiculed because I wouldn't argue with people.  If someone wanted to get in a discussion that was heated, I'd walk away (still do).  Some people don't understand me, they think I'm weak and pathetic, a coward.  I do not enjoy a "good argument".  I do not enjoy "giving someone a piece of my mind" and I despise "getting in someone's face".  That is me in a nutshell. I don't watch the news because it's nothing but negative, political bull!  I don't watch violent movies because it literally hurts me heart to hear curse words and see the fight scenes, I won't even talk about the sexual stuff in some movies.  These things rob my peace so I avoid them.  And you know what?  That's okay.  That is the way I was designed by the creator of the universe...God.

Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called children of God.

Ok now being a peacemaker does not always mean I keep my mouth shut or that I don't stand up for what is right in God's eyes.  I do and I will.  Trust me I (momma bear) will stand my ground if anyone tries to harm anyone in my family. I will stand my ground and defend this Holy Bible and all that is within it.  I will stand my ground to continue worshipping Jesus Christ.  I allow God to whisper to me what battles I need to fight, knowing He goes before me in battle, I will not fear.  Peacemaker am I, but when I need to fight battles I first fight on my knees in prayer and allow God to do what only He can do, then I will do what I must according to His will, not mine.  

Because of my faith and belief in Jesus Christ, I have a peace that surpasses all human understanding.  I have a peace knowing that my eternity will be in heaven not because of anything I have done.  I have a peace knowing that I have been forgiven of all of my sins.  I have a peace because God fights my battles for me and sometimes the best action I can take is no action.  

Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.     

     



No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...