Monday, August 21, 2017

RISE ABOVE, LOOK UP






I struggle with understanding others.  We seem to live in a world in which people are easily offended, stressed beyond belief, and entitled.  There is also a scarcity mindset that boggles my brain.  I am wired differently and that is what causes my confusion.  Being raised a catholic, I went to church every weekend.  I learned to pray by watching my parents pray nightly.  Yet even though they prayed, their life was filled with worries.  I remember many nights watching my mother pace the floor waiting for my older brother or sister to come home.  I remember the stress on both of their faces when my brother ran away from home.  I remember the tension when he finally returned.  I remember the worries when my dad got laid off from his job.  Worries, stress and tension yet they still prayed and never gave up on God.

I learned one very valuable lesson from my vantage point as being the baby of the family.  I decided that, with God as my witness, I did not want to live in a state of worry.  I wanted a life of peace and joy. I did not want my mind consumed with the garbage of this world.  Some friends once asked me how I can go through life without worrying.  I told them that I just decided as a child that I would not worry.   People said you can't control your mind to not worry.  People thought I was crazy (some probably still do).  I don't know why God wired me the way He did, but I'm glad.

My faith was built a long time ago.  As a catholic I was never taught to read the bible and even though I went through 12 years of catholic school, the bible was never really discussed.  I don't know why but even thoough I didn't know scripture, I trusted God to handle my life the way He saw fit.  I have always had a deep faith and trust in Him.  Besides I understood one thing clearly, God had a plan for my life and there was nothing else for me to do but trust in His plan.  To say I have lived 100% worry free would be a lie.  When tough times hit and I hit a storm in life, worry hits me just like you but then I recall the simple fact that I have made it this far and He has me in the palm of His hands so I pray ad the worry leaves.

Listen life on this earth is short and fleeting.  We never know how long we will live here on this planet so why waste our time worrying and thinking about things of this world.  Focus on God, focus on Jesus Christ.  Our homes may burn to the grown, our trophies may rust, our diamonds may fall out and shatter, but love, grace, forgiveness, and mercy are eternal possessions we will never loose.  Set you mind and your heart on what is above and eternal. 

Colossians 3:1-2 (NIV) Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.  Set your minds on things above, not on earthy things.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...