Wednesday, August 30, 2017

CHOSEN


I sit and wonder what it would be like to be chosen first.  Remember in gym class or recess when kids were choosing who would be on their team or their side?  The anxiety of waiting as teams were chosen, sides were taken.  I'm sure I'm not the only one to be chosen last or next to last to be on a team.  I wasn't into sports or playing games (still ain't).  The ones chosen first were using the most athletic, you know those go getters who always managed to score the most points.  I was not one of those people.  For a long time growing up I felt defeated and unwanted.  I wasn't an athlete, I didn't like to sew like my sister, I didn't have musical abilities like my brother and I wasn't a straight A student.  I was me.  Different. 

The shear thought of being chosen seemed like a far off dream.  I thought I'd always be chosen last, you know last yesterday's leftovers, you either pick it up and eat it or throw it out.  Okay I know this may sound sad but actually in many ways it was a good thing because no body expected that much out of me.  I wasn't expected to hit a home run or make a basket or hit a hole in one.  There was no stress, no expectations and to be honest no disappointment if I didn't perform.  I learned to embrace that reality and I come to expect it.  I have never wanted to be in charge of anything or had any desire to be a leader.  For a long time I thought something had to be wrong with me.  Others set goals and worked to achieve them.  Others had these big dreams and ideas to lead the way and do amazing things, not me.  I was me.  Different.

While others didn't understand my attitude and had a hard time dealing with it, I was perfectly content to be who I was, different.  I am different.  It doesn't matter if I win a game or a trophy or an award, I am content in who I am.  It doesn't matter to me if other choose me to be on their team or not because to be really honest here, I have been chosen for a much more important purpose.  This purpose will never bring me fame or fortune, trophies or awards are not part of the plan.  My purpose has to do with Jesus Christ.  I am on His A-team.  He chose me before I truly knew Him.  He knew I what I wasn't but He also saw what I could be.  He knew my weaknesses and failures yet He chose me.  

I may not have been chosen by people, but I have been chosen by My Lord and Savior.  Others may reject me but He never will.  He has called me, chosen me to be who He the person He created me to be.  You too are chosen.  He loves you just the way you are.  

1 Peter 2:9  But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...