Friday, August 25, 2017

LIVING LIFE TOGETHER



Life is difficult, I'm sure you'd all agree.  No matter what road you're on right now, there are twists and turns, hills and valleys, smooth pavement and pot holes.  As we travel down our path in life we come across situations and circumstances that is too much for us to handle alone.  We need friends we can count on, a core group of people we can turn to in times of trouble.  Sometimes we need someone to just listen and dry our tears, other times we need someone to point us in the right direction, and still other times we need someone who will be honest with us and tell us we're wrong.  

I was listening to Rick Warren a few weeks ago talk about his life group, I was moved to tears.  Rick Warren is a pastor who wrote the best selling book, Purpose Driven Life.  Surely someone like that doesn't need a Life Group.  Well the story he told rocked me to my very core.  You see 4 years ago Rick"s son committed suicide.  Rick was in a dark place, I'm sure you can imagine.  His Life Group immediately  came to his house and literally moved into the house with him and his wife.  They did not leave his side!  They did not leave him alone!  Can you imagine?  How awesome is that? 

Life Groups - living life together is simply amazing and necessary.  I was involved in 2 Life Groups in the past and currently I am in one at Ogden called Ladies Prayer Group.  These ladies I am in this group with mean the world to me.  We have been there through hard times and good times.  We have supported each other  and prayed for each other.  We have cried together, rejoiced together and praised God together.  We've fought cancer together, watched as our childrens fertility issues were erased, we've experienced births and deaths, healings and illness together.  We have a group text of 11 women who constantly ask for prayers no matter what time of day or night.  We live life together as a group.  I don't know where I'd be without these women in my life.  As recently as Sunday, a friend had a family emergency, I texted my Life Group and instantly had 11 others praying with me.  This is the way Jesus Christ wants us to live, in community. 

Hebrews 10:24-25  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another - and all the more as you see the day approaching. 

Life Groups are a true blessing from God.  If you are not in one, get in one or your chruch doesn't do Life Groups, start one today!  Trust me it is life changing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...