Monday, August 14, 2017

WHAT YOU SEE ISN'T ALWAYS WHAT YOU GET.







Okay I know it's been a while but here I am once again.  I guess you could say I have been getting my head on straight.  For a while God has allowed the enemy to sift me, to test me, to see what I'm really made of.  I know some of you may be asking why God would allow this to happen?  Well to be honest I really didn't know what was going on until recently.  I felt sort of lost, a drift at sea.  I have felt sort of alone with this struggle, which is where the enemy thought he'd get me.  But the truth is that this season of sifting has been amazing.  When everything goes our way, when life is simple with no problems and no ripples, then we don't need God.  So to say I am thankful for this process would be an understatement.  

The thing that is beautiful about believing in Jesus Christ is no matter what our circumstances are, He is there.  No matter how bad life may seem at the moment, He has a better plan and a bigger dream.  Even when well meaning people try to speak truth into your life, they can often lead you astray.  That is what happened to me.  My mind was clouded with judgmental attitudes because of listening to some well meaning people.  People I thought were my friends, really weren't.  They just wanted someone to agree with them.  Sadly I did without turning to God's Holy Word.  I was sifted and led astray.  

But that was then and this is now.  When you look at this photo it may not seem like anything amazing.  It's a picture of clouds.  Big deal.  Well this is a photo I took at my mom's home in Arizona.  In Arizona clouds are a big deal because in all the times I have been out there, these storm clouds are a rare sight to see.  99% of the time I have been there has been clear blue skies.  Okay maybe a light fluffy little puff of a cloud may appear, but nothing like this.  So what does this have to do with this blog?  

Like this photo, people are not always what appear to be.  Looks can be deceiving.  I know people who put on their fake smiles, and their fake happy, go lucky attitude in front of their friends then turn into a raging lunatic when you turn your back on them.  There are people who hide their true identity and true motives.  The enemy sifted me through these people.  He wanted me to become angry and judgmental and defensive and he wanted me to ignore these people who simply needed love.  I learned that when the I think the enemy is out for someone else, he's really after me.  

God is love, God is truth, God is mercy, God is grace!  He brought me to my knees by allowing the enemy to sift me and brought me back to what is important....Him! I pray that I will no longer listen to lies of the enemy that spews forth from the well meaning people in my life.  If what others say sounds like gossip, it is.  If what others say doesn't match up with God's Word, then I need to disregard it.  Lesson Learned!  Thank You God for allowing me to be sifted and tested.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...