Wednesday, August 16, 2017

DARKNESS CANNOT OVERCOME THE LIGHT







John 1:3-5 (The Message)  Everything was created through Him; nothing - not one thing _ came into being without Him.  What came into existence was Life, and the Life was Light to live by.  The Life-Light blazed out of the darkness; darkness couldn't put it out!  

This world may seem insanely dark right now.  Evil seems to be everywhere.  Hatred and anger and rage fills the morning and evening news broadcasts.  Despair and hopelessness are feelings that seem to be growing. I see the posts on Facebook and it can be overwhelming and down right scary.  But let me be honest here....if that is where you get your truth from, the news or Facebook, then it's no wonder why there is so much depression and hopelessness.  Heck I would feel that way too.  But I don't watch the news, instead I choose to listen and read the Good News.  I don't believe everything on Facebook, I take all of it with a grain of salt.  Are you banking your future on the here and now?  Is your hope and your future tied into the what the news is saying?  Is your destiny and your feelings tied to what is being said on Facebook?  Seriously?

Listen to me please!!!!  There is only one future, one hope, one destiny for me....JESUS CHRIST!!!!  When all hope seems lost, He fills me with hope because He already knows the end of the story of my life,  I WIN!!  When my future seems bleak , He shows me a glimpse of my eternity with Him in heaven.  When my destiny seems uncertain because of all the evil in the world, He lifts my head up and I see what lies ahead for me, eternity in His light. 

We can easily be overcome with all the evil in this world or we can shine the light and the love of Jesus Christ for all to see.  You see darkness can NEVER overcome light.  It is a physical impossibility,  Light always and every time overcomes the darkness.   Jesus Christ is the light of the world and as believers we have His light within us, we just need to act like it and talk like it.  Oh trust me the easy path, the wide path would be so much more comfortable right now.  To throw our fists in the air and scream out obscenities at those we disagree with would seem logical.   To post things on Facebook to prove our point, is what we feel we should do.  BUT is that what Jesus would do?  WWJD?

I decided to take the narrow path, the less traveled path, the difficult path because this path I am on has a light that has already overcome the darkness!  The path I have chosen has already been decided.  The path I am on leads to light and life. You see Jesus Christ has already defeated Satan and won.  So I need to step out and shine my light and love for all to see.  When that happens, love wins, light wins.  Evil will continue to happen in this world but when we stand as the light of Jesus Christ and let His love pour from our words and actions, darkness,Satan, will flee.  He cannot stand in the light of the presence of Jesus Christ. 

Join with me to spread the light and love of Jesus Christ everywhere, yes even on Facebook for all your friends to see.





No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...