Monday, September 6, 2021

THIS JOURNEY CALLED "LIFE"


 
This journey called life can be so very challenging.  No matter how much I plan for the future, things happen that propel me into a different direction than I ever imagined.  In my lifetime there have been many left turns instead of right turns, there have been potholes I had to avoid and of course there are road blocks and detours that take me off the path I think I should be on.  Even now with GPS I can be taken down a road I never intended to travel.  Life is like that isn't it?  It's a journey into the unknown.  It's a journey that can take me anywhere at anytime to anyplace whether I want to be there at that time of not.  

Do I get to vote on what life experiences I'd like to try?  That'd be fun and rather convenient wouldn't it?  I can think of some experiences I'd love to try but there are definitely some I'd like to avoid.  But that is not the way life goes, does it?  Every time things are going good, life is sweet and the path I'm on is straight, I begin to take things and people for granted.  After all, the people I love will always be around.  Right?  Wrong!!!  

This past few weeks in our area there are parents who have lost their teenage sons in auto accidents.  It's so hard to watch this happening yet it propels me into a state of appreciation.  It helps me focus on what's really important in life.  It's helps me lessen the pull from the distractions in life and refocus on God's goodness and faithfulness.  It helps me to focus on my blessings.  It causes me to pause and ponder the truth of God's word. 

God is all powerful.  He is with us, His Holy Spirit lives in us and Jesus Christ is the only way to eternity with God.  I trust in God.  I may not always understand what He does or why He does what He does, but I trust in Him.  He is my refuge, my fortress, my rock on which I stand.  He is my safe hiding place.  He is my hope!!  I don't want to imagine what my life would be without having Jesus Christ as my Savior.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...