Wednesday, April 28, 2021

THIS JOURNEY CALLED LIFE




 
Life is a journey that takes us on a path that leads to places we never dreamed or imagined.  For some the journey is a fairly smooth straight road with a few hills and valleys, maybe a few twists and turns, yet for others the road is filled with pot holes and winding roads.  Sometimes our roads may intersect each other, many times not.  When I think about my life's journey being a road it makes me recall all the literal roads I've been on.  

I have been on many roads.  As a child I traveled with my family out west, to Florida, to Canada and up in northern Michigan many times.  The thing I remember about traveling with my dad is that we need a plan, a destination.  Then we need a map to guide us down the right roads to get where we want to end up.  Now days we have GPS but back then we had the paper road maps.  I learned a lot while traveling down these roads.  One thing I remember is that there are no 2 roads that are alike.

Country roads with pot holes, mountainous roads with steep cliffs and lots of sharp curves, city roads with numerous stop lights and traffic congestion.  There are the roads in the plain states that are straight and go on forever without even a gas station.  There are so very many different types of roads, so many different paths we can take, but one thing remains true no matter what road we are on, without a map, without a GPS we will end up lost and overwhelmed.

If my life was a road it would be a variety of these different types but I am grateful I always had the proper GPS system guiding me...Jesus Christ.  He is my GPS guidance system.  His Word is my map.  Without either of these my life would be total chaos and I would be lost.  I honestly don't know where I'd be without Jesus.  He is my best friend, my confidant, my comforter, my hope.  My Heavenly Daddy also corrects me when I get off the right road.  He reroutes me back onto the path He has for me.  I trust Him with my life.  

So as you travel down your roads I pray you have the proper guidance system in place because a long and winding road is no where to be without it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...