Friday, April 23, 2021

RENEWAL


 


Lost in a sea of despair, our life can easily spiral down into a bottomless pit.  As I think about my life there have been many times when I could have easily allowed my problems to overwhelm me until I was in a bottomless pit.  The thing is with me, I am determined to do my best to not allow my life to spiral down.  I do my best to control my thoughts and my words.  It's not easy, it actually takes a lot of work.  It's not for the faint of heart and it will definitely humble you.  Let me explain...

You see I have learned the hard way that I can control my thoughts and my words.  Through trial and error I decided long ago to allow God to renew my mind.  It sounds easier than it is.  By allowing God to renew my mind, I had to allow Him access to my heart.  That's scary because once God starts to deal with my heart issues, I had to face the truth about myself and my past.  I had to let go!  That is not easy.  For many of us the past has become our identity.  For example people will say, "I was a victim",  "I have a disease", "I am deeply in debt", and so on and so on.  I'm sure you could add to the list.  Maybe you've heard others talking this way or possibly you talk this way.  

You may be saying, I cannot allow God into my heart.  I have too many issues that I want to keep buried.  Well if I can be honest with you, you're not keeping them buried, they've buried you behind a wall of depression and/or anger.  Many have said that they cannot control their thoughts.  That is an accurate statement because I cannot control my thoughts, but God can.  

By allowing Him and His Word into my heart thus renewing my mind, He has changed my thoughts.  Instead of being a victim, I am victorious.  Instead of being sick, I am healed.  God has changed me from the inside out.  At the time it was painful to face the truth about myself.  It's much easier to blame others or to blame God Himself.  But once I looked in the mirror and was honest with myself, my thoughts and my heart changed.  Try it today.  Allow God in, the reward is so awesome.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...