Wednesday, April 21, 2021

LIFE OR DEATH?


    

I want to chase after the sun as it slowly sets, I want to relive sunsets and embrace the simple beauty of them.  The thing about sunsets is that they are beautiful when there isn't a cloud in the sky, but throw in some clouds on the horizon and the beautiful sunsets become spectacular.


Life is a lot like sunsets, when everything is going great and there are no challenges or storms in the distance, life is beautiful.  BUT...add in a few storm clouds and WOW, what was once beautiful becomes something spectacular to behold.

As I think back over my life some of the sweetest memories were also the most challenging and hectic moments.  The storms in my life created some of the most spectacular views.   I think about marriages, births, deaths, sickness, financial struggles and so on, these clouds on the horizon of my life caused me to embrace the moment and look for the silver lining behind the cloud, the sunset moment when all was right with the world again.  

It's so easy to get wrapped up in the negativity of what's going on around us.  When all we focus on is the storm clouds and the impending doom, we will miss the stunning sunset or the rainbow that comes after the storm passes.  When all we see is what is lost, we forget about what's right in front of us.  Listen, life is hard and sometimes it down right stinks, but it's only when we go through those tough times that we can actually appreciate the sunset.  If life was always easy and the sun always shined, drought would hit.  Clouds bring rain and relief on a hot, sunshiny day.

When I was out in Arizona this year, the weather was perfect.  Sunshine every day!  Not a cloud in the sky!  The bad part about this is that there has not been rain in that part of Arizona for a year.  The desert is the worst I have seen it in years, even cactus's are dying, the wild horses I love have to be fed or they'll starve to death.  So tell me isn't okay to have a little rain sometime?  A few clouds in the sky?  Even a spring time storm can bring a healing rain down.  

Clouds...storms...rain...makes life a little more exciting and challenging. But through those times in my life when there has been death and despair, God has shown up bigger than I ever dreamed possible.  The sunset moments of my life have been a true blessing.  Recently I was able to be by my uncle's side as he passed away from this life into eternity with Jesus.  It was such an amazing blessing.  The way we choose the think about storms and clouds and rain in our lives will affect the outcome.  Choose life!  Choose spectacular sunsets with some clouds 

Deuteronomy 30:19  This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...