Wednesday, October 4, 2017

IT'S TIME TO TAKE A STAND



When was the last time you took a stand for something you truly believe in?  When was the last time you stood up for anything?  Now I'm not talking about protesting I'm talking about being honest about your beliefs and making them known in a loving way.  For me taking a stand at home behind closed doors is easy, but around other people it's difficult.  I don't want to offend anyone or get into an argument so I just keep my mouth shut.  Then there are times when I take a stand for something that's really not that important in the grand scheme of life.  Am I alone in this struggle?  I doubt it.  

Oh it's easy to get belligerent and start protesting about our beliefs.  It's easy to grab a picket sign and run our mouths off when we're surrounded with people who feel the same way we do, but how about when nobody agrees with us?  How about when no one listens or cares to listen to our thoughts and beliefs?  How about when we see or hear a loved one doing something or saying something we know is wrong?  Do we take a stand and voice the truth?

I look at my life and I realize I have not really taken a stand for much.  I have my beliefs, my opinions and I don't want to ruffle any tail feathers, but I think it's time I take a stand.  I'm not talking about pushing my opinions or beliefs on anyone, I'm talking about standing up and being honest about my beliefs.   Take a look at David in the Bible.  Even if you're not a believer, I'm sure you've heard the story of David and Goliath.  Everyone has.  This giant bully was being verbally abusive for 40 days.  Screaming and yelling at the Israelite's about how pathetic they were, how pitiful their God was and how they were such losers.  The Israelite's heard this for 40 days and because this giant was so big and vocal, they were afraid.  They lived in fear for 40 days.  How long have you and I lived in fear, afraid to take a stand?  How many days or should I say years, have you and I allowed the enemy, the giants in our lives to speak lies into our lives?  And we actually just sit and listen to these words hoping he will vanish into thin air?  Seriously?

1 Samuel 17:45  David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.

David knew who he was and he knew who God was.  He was not angry, he did not protest or riot, he simply spoke with confidence that God was who He said He was and He'd do what He said He'd do.  David spoke in truth because he knew what God had done for him in the past.  David spoke to Goliath with faith that the Lord Almighty would deliver him from the enemy.  He knew God was with him and that God would defeat the enemy.  David knew what many of us don't, he knew the truth about God.

If God would deliver David from Goliath, don't you think He'd deliver you from the attacks of the enemies in your life?  Is there any Goliath's that are too big for our God?  If we take a stand like David did, do you think God would listen?  Where's our faith in God?  Who do we put our confidence in, God or man?  Who's truth do we listen to?  Listen I know taking a stand can be risky and even scary but if David can do it, why can't we?  David did not go around talking about his problem, Goliath, he talked to his problem about how big his God was.   We have choices in life...we can choose to speak about how big our are or we can speak to our problems about how big our God is.  Choose wisely, so will I.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...