Monday, October 30, 2017

THE CHALLENGE




Life is simply amazing and actually comical.  It seems like just when you think you have gotten your head on straight and things are going the way you had planned, a monkey wrench is thrown and you know what hits the fan.   I love when this happens, seriously I do because I know that God is working something out in me and my life that will be for my good.    It’s actually becoming quite hysterical when times like this happen.  Many years ago this stuff would send me into a tail spin and I would have a good pity party or I’d get angry.  Now days I tend to laugh it off although sometimes, I should say most times, I laugh inside to myself.  I know God is trying to refine me and mold me into His image.  I ask Him, “What are you trying to teach me?  What do I need change?”  He always lets me know with a gentle whisper and sometimes with a smack on the back of the head.  Sometimes these challenges aren’t necessarily for me, but the other person involved in these challenges.   At those times I enjoy the fact that I just get to sit back and watch God work in their life.   

I love the fact that God has a sense of humor.   These challenges, these tests have helped me so much and I have learned so much about myself and His plans for me.  While their not always enjoyable they are learning experiences that have changed me from the inside out.  Things that used to bother me, no longer do.  I’ve stopped expecting others to give me what only God can.   To say I’ve gone much deeper with God would be true.   He has challenged me beyond my expectations and He sometimes points me in a direction I don’t want to go.  But for me obedience is the key here.  Being open to hear the whispers of God, allowing God to wake me up by giving me a Gibbs smack ( for all you NCIS fans...you get it).   

It’s amazing what happens when I allow God to deal with me.  While I’ve gone deeper than ever with Him recently, it’s still not deep enough for Him.  I have been challenged lately by God with a certain verse from the Bible.  It is extremely thought provoking and extremely challenging to me because it truly makes me question myself.   Do I really believe in Jesus Christ?   No, I mean do I seriously believe in Jesus Christ?   This is not a question to take lightly or just blow off.   The common statements like, “ I believe”, “ I go to church every Sunday “, “I was baptized as a baby”, “I listen to Christian music”, “I said the salvation prayer” can be meaningless unless you are willing to take an honest look at your life.  

James 2:19-20  You believe that there is one God.  Good!  Even the demons believe that and shudder. You foolish person, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless?

These verses have been constantly coming up in quite a few of the sermons I have listened to lately.   Talks about repentance, talks about changes, talks about beliefs have propelled me into this deep conversation with God that made me think seriously about my beliefs.   To hear the facts that demons believe in Jesus, shocked me.   I forgot that fact because it’s not really talked about much in church settings.  So if demons believe in Jesus and they’re in hell, I need to search my heart and my life deeply.   For me repentance is a big key factor here.   “Repent and be saved” was the preaching in biblical times but we’ve sort of missed or neglected the repentance part of that preaching.  

For me it is only through true repentance that change can begin to occur.  It is only through repentance that I can deal with my past and learn for my future.  On my knees repentance draws me to the foot of the cross and humbles me.   It is only through my repentance that I was led to do away with certain books, music, movies and TV programs.   It has only been through repentance that I have changed to be a little bit more like Christ.   Trust me I’m not where I need to be, but at least I’m not where I used to be.  

Belief is more than just a feeling, it’s action.   If we truly believe in Jesus Christ, than we need to repent daily.  We need to be honest with ourselves and allow God to remove those things that are hindering us from going deeper with Him.  

REPENT FOR THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...