Monday, October 9, 2017

CELEBRATE TODAY




Today is one of those days that seem ordinary, but it’s not.   You see there is nothing ordinary about today.   Today is a special day, heck every day we’re alive and breathing should be a special day.   Why do we only celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, and holidays?  We need to celebrate every single day!   We need to enjoy this life we have no matter what our circumstances are.   Oh I understand that circumstances can fill us with regret and bitterness but our circumstances do not have to dictate whether or not we enjoy our lives.   I know it may be difficult for some of you to understand but we have a choice each day whether or not we will enjoy this day or not.   

Every morning when we wake up we have a decision to make....will today be a good day or a bad day?   The choice is ours and it doesn’t or at least it shouldn’t depend on our current circumstances.   “Easier said than done.”   “You don’t know what I’m going through right now.”  Trust me I understand that it’s easier said than done because I’ve done it.   I chosen to wake up with a smile and enjoy my life even when my dad died.  It wasn’t easy and some days were more difficult than others but I did it.   I may not know what you’re going through but let me be honest, you have no idea what I’ve been through and still decided to enjoy my life.    Circumstances cannot dictate how we live our lives unless we allow them to.   If we allow ourselves to be overwhelmed and stressed out by what’s going on around us or in our lives, the enemy wins.   If we allow circumstances to dictate our joy, than we will be depressed and angry.   

Listen I know life is hard and it can get really ugly at times but our life is what we make of it.   If we choose to enjoy our life, if we choose to celebrate our life, if we choose to put a smile on our face, the enemy is defeated.   I know first hand how this simple choice of enjoying my life, despite of what my circumstances may be, has changed me and my life for the better.  It’s easy to make a list of everything that is wrong in our lives, it’s easy to concentrate on the problems and current circumstances.   But I challenge you to do the opposite.  Make of list of everything that is going right in our lives.   Concentrate on the blessings and the good going on in our lives and all around us.   Stop talking about all the problems.  Stop thinking about how bad our circumstances are.   Stop living with regrets and depression.    Stop thinking about what could have been, what should have been.   Choose to enjoy your day.  Celebrate today.  Smile because God loves you!

Circumstances happen, regrets come and go.   With Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior....He has already conquered the enemy.  He has already overcome the world.   With Him on our side, our circumstances cannot defeat us or overwhelm us.   Regrets are not in our vocabulary because we understand we cannot redo our past we can only learn from our past and grow and learn from it.   The we need to move on.   There is no need to live in our regrets or circumstances because He is taking us through them, we aren’t stuck.   We are called to enjoy our lives.   Jesus died for us to enjoy our life.   So today I challenge you to celebrate today.   Enjoy today.  Choose Jesus Christ and live the life He died to give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...