Monday, October 2, 2017

IT'S TIME TO GET OVER IT



I truly believe that its time we talk about an old fashioned attitude adjustment don't you?  Our world is broken and bleeding at an alarming rate.  Blood is being shed over opinions, feelings and attitudes.   People confess things with their mouth that astounds me.  People get angry over things that seem so trivial and meaningless.  I mean in the light of eternity, does it really matter what our opinion is?  In the long run will our feelings change anyone or anything?  In looking back over our lives who does our attitudes affect?  Think about this for a moment.  Our opinion matters to no one but ourselves.  Our feelings are fickle and change constantly.  Our attitudes can propel us into a state of depression.  Who are we hurting?  Ourselves.  What or who does is change? nothing and no one.  Who is responsible for our attitude?  Look in the mirror.

I am tired of this sinful nature most people tend to live in, including many people who call themselves believers.  I am sick of people living by their feelings.  We are a broken group of human beings who need to grow up and look in the mirror instead of pointing fingers.  Get over yourself.  You are a sinner.  I am a sinner.  As such I need to constantly battle with my opinions, my feelings and my attitude.   I am responsible for my reactions, my actions and my words.  I am responsible for my feelings and my attitudes.  I cannot and will never change anyone else.  Heck I can't even change myself.  Trust me I've tried and it wasn't pretty.  My sinful nature wants me to throw pity parties and temper tantrums.  My sinful self wants to voice my opinion and argue until the cows some home and I don't even own a cow.  My sinful mind wants to be filled with anger, hatred and rage.

As a believer in Jesus Christ, my sinful nature died on the cross with Him.  My feelings can be controlled, my opinions can remain silenced, my attitudes can be changed.  My former way of life is no more.  The thing is we have to allow these changes, we need to desire these changes and we need to put on our new nature.  No one will do it for us, we need to realize that we can change by working with the Holy Spirit and allowing Him to help us put on our new selves that is clothed in the righteousness and holiness of God through Jesus' death ad resurrection.  We need to become humble and less selfish.  We need to look in the mirror and get honest with ourselves as to how we are acting and reacting to our circumstances.

Ephesians 4:22-24 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

We can develop a new attitude with new feelings but it's not easy.  We have to choose love, choose peace, choose joy and choose forgiveness.  We have to get over ourselves and get rid of our old sinful nature and stop living offended lives.  I wish all of us would choose this way of living.  It's so refreshing and joyful when we learn to stop pointing fingers and start looking in the mirror at ourselves.  "What's wrong with me that I need to change?"  "God please help me to change, I can't change without you."  



No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...