Wednesday, October 28, 2015

HARD HATS FOR HARD HEADS







Yes, that is me and my daughter Amanda in hard hats.  This past summer we had a chance to help out a Habitat for Humanity home being built in our area.  My first time ever wearing a hard hat.  It does not flatter me.  But I needed it.  Nails being pounded, saw dust flying, hammers beating and saws singing an painful song as it chewed up the wood.  The hard hats protected my hard head and my daughters beautiful head.  

Hats have many purposes.  These ones protected us, but other hats seem to have the ability to label us.  Think of the hats at the Kentucky Derby, they are the hats of the rich and famous.  Baseball hats label us as a fan of one certain team.  Warm wool hats will label us as being from the northern country, where it can get cold.  Straw hats label us as a farmer.  Cowboys hats label us as western folk.  A large brimmed sun bonnet labeled us from a state filled with sunshine.  Whatever hat we wear, we are labeling ourselves.

For me I think the hard hat fits, even though I don't like it.  I have been known to be stubborn and hard headed, at least that's what my parents always said.  I had my ways and my ideas and no one could tell me differently.  Sound familiar?   Now come on, I know I'm not the only one here.  There's nothing wrong with hard headed, stubborn people.  We seem to accomplish a lot and stick with something.  When we get our mind set on something, not much can happen to stop us, except an act of God Himself.

I would love to pretend to wear one of those soft hats with a wide brim.  I'd put on my best southern smile and try to have an accent, but that's not me.  Some of us have a hat that is hard to remove, it's the hat of a victim.  Now I'm not discussing those who have been victims of crimes, I'm talking about the whining, complaining, groaning and moaning people who create so much drama in their life that they live with a victim hat.  They want to be noticed, they want to be pitied, they want people to sympathize with them.  "Oh you poor thing." 

I Corinthians 15:57  But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory though our Lord Jesus Christ

IF you are a believer in Jesus Christ, IF He is Lord of your life, IF He is your Savior, IF He is the center of your life, then it's time we take off those hats and put on the hat He has given us, THE VICTOR'S CROWN.  Jesus has overcome every battle in life, He has defeated the enemy, He has won!  The key here is IF!

So many of us say we are saved.  So many of us say we believe.  So many of us claim to be a christian.  Well if we are what we say we are, where's the proof? What do our words sound like?  How is our attitude?  What does our temper say about us?  How do we treat others?  I know ouch!! But we have to face facts here.  Some of us (so called) believers do not walk the walk.  We're good at talking the talk, but then we begin to step out and end up with our foot in our mouth.  What we say and what we do are usually 2 different things.  

It's time we stop whining and complaining and moaning and groaning and yelling and finger pointing and cursing and blaming and using our words to beat people up.  We have victory through Jesus Christ.  We have a victor's crown waiting for us in heaven.  Why don't we act like it?

We should be the happiest, healthiest, sweetest and most forgiving people on this Earth.  Even when we are going through struggles and storms, our attitude, our words and our actions should reflect the victory we already have.  I understand it's easy to get wrapped up in the junk of today's world, but we cannot lose the victory Jesus died to give us!

Lord, today I choose to live my life victoriously.  No more victim!  I am strong in you alone.  I am looking forward to my victor's crown that is waiting for me.  Help my words, my thoughts, my attitudes and my actions always testify to victory that is mine through you, in Jesus name I pray, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...