Friday, October 23, 2015

GETTING OVER OBSTACLES






As I go through this life of mine I often come across obstacles that seem to keep me from where I want to be and what I want to do.  They trap us.  Whether these obstacles are mountains or desert, or streams or oceans, potholes or washed away roads, these obstacles prevent us from going any further.  They make us stop.  They make us think.  They make us worry.  They make us turn around and go back.  Obstacles and road construction can and will send our GPS unit into a tail spin.  "Recalculating" often means we have veered off path or worse yet, an obstacle, which means we have to go around, turn around, go over or go through.

Mountains are not easy to go through if there is no tunnel already there.  To go around takes us way out of our way, and going over?  Well that's just plain to difficult and that mountain may be way too steep to climb.  The obvious thing is we have to make a decision.  Sometimes we have a few moments to gather our thoughts and sometimes we have to make a split second decision.  No matter what choice we make, there is no path that will be easy.

Turning around and going back means giving up.  It means never reaching our full potential.  It means never reaching our goals.  It means settling for second best.  It means a lifetime of wondering "what if" and "if only".  Going over means a lot of stress and hard work,, soar muscles and a weary person.  Going over is difficult at best. Ever climb a mountain?  I have and it's not easy.  Of course going through would be a piece of cake if a tunnel already existed, but when no tunnel exists it means chiseling away every piece of rock and shoveling away every speck of dirt.  

Let's face it there is no easy way to remove an obstacle.  Pain, remorse, bitterness, exhaustion and surrender are just a few of the things we might experience when we deal with the obstacles in life.  Maybe your obstacle is a harsh boss, an unfair situation at work, an angry friend, or a bitter rival.  Whatever your obstacle is, no matter how high that mountain can seem before you, there is hope.  Remove that mountain.


Matthew 21:21-22  But Jesus was matter-of-fact:  "Yes-and if you embrace this kingdom life and don't doubt God, you'll not only do minor fears like I did to the fig tree, but also triumph over huge obstacles.  This mountain, for instance, you'll tell, 'Go jump in the lake', and it will jump.  Absolutely everything, ranging from small to large, as you make it a part of your believing prayer, gets included as you lay hold of God.  

Okay maybe it's hard for you to fathom that a mountain could move, but it can.  Obstacles are meant to challenge us, to help us grow and help us decide how determined we are to overcome that obstacle.  I know it the realm of the real world it seems impossible to move any obstacle placed before us, let alone a mountain, but it can happen and it does happen every day.  The key is believing and not doubting.

It may not happen today or tomorrow but those obstacles can move.  I've experienced it first hand.  I've seen God move mountains of debt away with a simple prayer and a spirit of belief.  I saw an obstacle of major proportion be lifted up and thrown into the sea, all because I believed and trusted in Him.  I've seen the power of God move that which seemed impossible first hand.  The key is believing and not doubting.

Oh I hear you, "It can't happen today"  "God won't do that for me".  Really???  Where does it say that in the Bible?  My Bible reads that with God ALL things are possible, even moving mountains.  My Bible says God is for us, not against us.  My Bible says God has a plan for my good, not disaster.  My Bible says Bible says I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  My Bible says God can move mountains.  Doesn't your Bible say the same thing?

Jesus Christ, my belief in Him has given me power through the Holy Spirit to believe in the impossible.  Because of Him I can speak to that mountain, that obstacle and say "Go jump in the lake" and believe that God will work it all out for my good and trust Him to move that obstacle in His timing, and it will happen.  Simple belief is what changes obstacles into missions and mountains into challenges.   

Lord, thank you for the obstacles and the mountains that have built up my faith and trust in you. Guide me through the mountainous times of my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen.



2 comments:

  1. THANKS VERY MUCH FOR YOUR REMINDER, ENCOURAGEMENT, AND INSPIRATION. A HUGE AMEN!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...