Friday, July 10, 2015

DOUBLE TROUBLE?




Isaiah 61:7  Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion, and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours. 


No!  Double blessings!  Double portion!  Your cup runneth over!  

So very often we expect the worst from God and others.  Things happen in our life and instantly we accredit this to God.  He's punishing us!  He's getting even with us for what we did or didn't do.  He's paying us back for our sins!  If you claim to know God and believe these lies than my friend, you know nothing of God, at least the God I know.   

God is love!  He does not punish us, He does not get even with us,  He does not pay us back.  If God thought this way, if He worked this way, He would not have sent His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for us.  He would not have given us His Holy Spirit to live inside of us.  

Trust me I should be punished for my sins, but I'm not.  I am forgiven.  God should get even with me for the things I've done and haven't done, but He doesn't.  I am forgiven.  I should be paid back double for all the wrong I have done, but I'm not.  I am forgiven.  

When will we get it through our thick skulls that God is not in the revenge business?  What does it take for us to realize that God is love?  God is not like the mafia, He doesn't get you back.  God is not like the police who will lock you in a cell and throw away the key.   God is not like most of us, He is love!

We listen to the lies of Satan because I guess it makes us feel better in some weird and twisted way.  We deserve to be punished so we believe the lie that this cancer is God punishment for us.  We deserve to be paid back so this financial disaster is our pay back from God.  We are lied to and led to believe that God is an angry God who will destroy us when we don't do as we are told.

Okay let me be honest here.  God could destroy us in a heartbeat.  He could bring devastation on us so quickly we would never know what was happening.  God is love.  Yes we have hard times.  We have trials and storms that propel our lives in a direction we never expected, but my friends These times are a time we can show our true faith and belief in a God who loves us.  

When we have faith during these times of trials and storms, when we never stop believing and continue to praise God no matter how bad our circumstances look, God will reward us with double blessings, double portion.  

Now I am not talking about financially here so do not get your nickers in a twist.  I am talking about double blessings of joy, peace, happiness, love and health.  These things are priceless.  

God wants to reward us for our faithfulness by giving us a double blessing.  I for one want to claim it.  I want to reject the lies of Satan and believe what God says in His word.  I want everlasting joy.  Do you?

May the everlasting joy of God rain over you today.  May His love invade your heart and may you experience the double blessing and double portion God has waiting for you, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...