Wednesday, July 22, 2015

I AM A JESUS GIRL ON A JOURNEY





John 14:6-7  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.  If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him."


For me this journey is real, it is profound and it is deep.  For me this journey has been plagued with good times and bad, hills and valleys, sunshine and rain.  For me this journey is far from over, I still have a very long road to travel, but that's okay because through this journey I have learned many things about myself, my God and others.  

I do not and I pray I will not ever take this journey lightly.  Far too many of us do.  If we believe in God, if we believe Jesus is really our Savior then our lives, our hearts, our words and our actions would change for the better.  

This journey I am on is a path that is narrow and it is sometimes scary.  Not everyone is willing to take this path, not everyone wants to go on this journey.  But everyone is welcome on this journey.  

I have been on this journey for my entire life and I have dealt with many disappointments and hardships.  It has not been a walk in the park.  I have lost friendships, I have been ridiculed, I have been ignored.  When I began writing this blog, people I thought would support me, didn't.  E-mails I sent were deleted, my heart poured out for all to read went unread by people I counted on.  Strangers gave me more positive feedback than some family members.  

To be honest, at first this hurt.  Then my journey as a Jesus Girl, grew deeper.  It didn't matter to Him who read it or who didn't, it was simply about obedience to do what He wanted me to do.  So I continue to pour out my heart whether anyone reads it or not.  My journey is not about pats on the back for a job well done, or how many likes I get on Facebook.  It's about becoming a Jesus Girl on a journey and sharing with you what is placed on my heart.  

There are many times this journey gets real tough and I have to look in the mirror and realize that it's me that needs to change and grow, someone else isn't the problem, it's me. So often we read what makes us feel good about ourselves in the Bible, we tend to listen to messages that tug at our hearts and think, "So and so really needs to listen to this message.  It may help them change."  All the while God is tapping us on the shoulders saying, "They aren't the problem, you are.  They don't need to change, you do."

It's not easy getting real with yourself and it's not easy taking the narrow path and it's not always fun being a Jesus Girl on a journey.  I have had to face many truths about myself.  I have had to learn to love myself and the person God created me to be.  I have had to get honest with myself and learn to shut my mouth.  This journey has been about growth and change.  A willingness to get real and a surrender of control is what it has taken for me to get to where I am now as a Jesus Girl, but the rewards have been amazing.  

I now a peace so profound it is hard to explain.  I have a love for God and myself that I never thought I could.  I have a trust so deep that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God will work all things out for my good.  I have a faith that has given God access to enter the deepest, darkest secrets buried in my soul and heal my wounded heart.  I have a joy knowing that I will spend eternity in heaven.

You too can join me on this journey to become a follower of Jesus Christ.  Will you join me today?

Lord Jesus Christ, come into my heart today.  Forgive me of all of my sins.  I believe you died on the cross for me so that I may be forgiven.  Be my guide on this journey called life and help me to walk the narrow path, in your holy name I pray, amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...