Wednesday, July 29, 2015

AM I ANCHORED IN THE RIGHT PLACE?





One thing I have learned living on a lake and being on a boat is this, if you do not have your boat anchored in the right place, you will end up drifting to places your really didn't intend to go.  While it can be interesting to just drift around without being anchored, it's not wise.  The wind blows you in the direction it wants to with no regards to what you where you wanted to go.  Waves can push you in unsafe places that can cause damage.  To drift around a lake aimlessly with no anchor holding you in place can be utterly foolish.

How many of us drift through life without an anchor in place?  We just wander around with no cares in the world, going wherever the wind takes us can be exciting, but it can also be dangerous.  Drifting through life has consequences.  For example I'm sure your boss would not be happy if you just drifted into work whenever you felt like it.  I'm sure your bill collectors would not be happy if you just chose to pay your bills whenever you felt like it.  

Drifting around and letting the wind blow you around aimlessly is dumb!  Sorry if that hurts but it's true.  Without being anchored to something stable, we just become a "wandering generality" with no direction, no purpose, no plan and no future.  But also if we just live our life without an anchor to stabilize our life, we live our life without any hope.

If I allowed our boat to drift around the lake without being anchored, our boat would end up damaged and possibly inflict damage onto other boats that are anchored.  Likewise it is with our life.  If we just drift through life, we will end up damaged and possibly damaging someone else we never intended to hurt.

Hebrews 6:18-20  so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. 

In my life I have chosen my anchor. God.  My hopes, my dreams, my future, my life, my family and my heart is anchored to God.  Through believing in Jesus Christ, because I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I have a hope and a future.  

I could not possibly endure this life without God.  To drift through life seems so futile and selfish.  I would rather know that God has my back during the storms and trials in my life.  I would rather anchor my hopes and dreams to Him because His plan for my life is so much better and greater than my own plan.

This blog would never have happened if I wasn't anchored to God, this lake home would never have been ours if I wasn't anchored to God.  All the blessings in my life would be non-existent if I would not have been anchored to God.

Listen you may have a different opinion, but for me and my house, we will serve the Lord and our anchor is God.  I will not ever drift around like I used to.  

You see for me I know beyond a shadow of doubt that Jesus Christ died for my sins.  He took the punishment I deserved and that has allowed me to have a personal relationship with God.  That gives me a hope for a brighter tomorrow and a promise for eternity with God.  That is where my anchor is tied to!  Where's your anchor tied to?

Lord, thank you for being an anchor for my soul, a refuge in a storm, a safe place to hide.  My hope lies in you and you alone.  Help me to share your anchor of hope with everyone I meet, in Jesus name I pray, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...