Monday, March 9, 2015

SOMETIMES "SAME" IS GOOD




Hebrews 13:8  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 


To me, this verse is refreshing and comforting.  While life on this Earth seems like it's spinning out of control, with things and people constantly changing, to me this verse brings me peace.  Jesus is the same as He was at the time the world was created.  His word never changes, it is as relevant today as it was thousands of years ago.  His laws never change, they remain the same as when Moses first brought them down Mt. Sinai.  His grace never changes, it is available for all those who believe.  

Some of us assume that maybe Jesus would "go with the flow".  Wrong.  Some of us assume that Jesus would be okay to live together before marriage, after all "times are a changing", so Jesus must also.  Wrong.  Some of assume it's alright to cheat the government and even our employers, after all we deserve to be paid more and pay less taxes, surely Jesus would understand.  Wrong.  Some of us assume that if Jesus could rewrite the Bible He would certainly change some of the laws after all, does He really expect us to follow laws that are thousands of years old?  

Well let me say, I used to assume many things until I got real and got honest with myself.  My own selfishness sometimes wishes Jesus Christ would change.  My own greed wishes Jesus Christ would change.  My own sinful nature would love it if Jesus Christ would change, but He doesn't!  He is the same yesterday, today and forever.  Never changing,  Never willing to "go with the flow".  Never compromising.  

Sometimes this verse stings.  But if we fully grasp the reality of this verse, it is comforting because if Jesus Christ is the same, that also means His grace is the same today as it was yesterday and as it will be tomorrow.  His promise of eternity is not limited to a certain religion, or race of people.  This promise and all of His promises are for everyone who believes.  

That's right, everyone has the promise of eternity, if they chose to believe in Him!  Muslims, Jews, Catholics, Lutherans, Methodists, Baptists, Buddhists, Protestants, Jehovah Witnesses, and people who have never stepped foot in a church can claim the promise of eternity simply by believing in Jesus Christ.  

John 14:6  Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

By believing in  Jesus Christ, is the first step in claiming the prize of eternal grace, which never changes.  As for me, I would not want to believe in or worship a God who changes in order to "go with the flow".  My God stands up in a crowd and stands up for what is right, just and good.  My God doesn't back down or conform to this world.  My God longs to give you the grace He has stored up for you.  All you need to do is believe.  

Jesus, you are the way, the truth and the life.  I come to you today and chose to believe in you.. I believe you died on the cross for my sins.  I believe that my sins have now been wiped away. I thank you for not changing with the times.  Come into my heart today.  I make you my Lord and Savior, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

2 comments:

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...