Wednesday, March 11, 2015

HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS





Luke 8:39  "No, go back to your family, and tell them everything God has done for you." So he went all through the town proclaiming the great things Jesus had done for him. 


Jerry and I are headed home.  It has been 2 months since I stepped foot in our home.  To say I miss this home would be an understatement.  But this home is not the main reason I miss our home.  I miss our family big time.  I miss our children, our son-in-laws, our grandchildren and I miss our grandpuppies!  I miss our church family big time!   I miss watching sunrises from our deck.  I miss hearing the laughter of our children as they bring up memories.  I miss the chaos when we all gather together.  I miss our home!  If home is where the heart is, my heart is back in Michigan.  That is my home!  Family means everything to me! 

 I do not miss the snow and cold we have had this winter.  For that reason I am grateful that we were able to be out here in Arizona.  I am also grateful that I have been able to spend time with my mom.  At 84 years of age, I am grateful she is still with us.  I will miss her, but this is where she has lived for 30 years.  She loves it out here and this is her home now.  I am grateful for the memories and laughter we have had out here but I need to get home.

You know when I read this verse, it touched me because Jesus had just healed a man who had been possessed by demons for years.  The man wanted to go with Jesus, but Jesus said, "No, go back to your family and tell them what God has done for you."  Can you imagine what that was like for that man?  For years everyone avoided him, including his own family.  For years he was an outcast who was tormented by Satan.  He lived in agony and pain as the demons took over his body.  

The thing about this verse is Jesus told him to go and tell everyone about all the great things God has done for him.  Often we keep our mouth shut about the blessings God has given us because we don't want to seem like we're bragging.  Also we feel if we tell people what God has done for us, others may feel bad because God isn't blessing them in the same way.  How in the world can we ever proclaim the great things God has done for us and not be labeled as bragging?

We need to proceed with caution here because it is very easy and tempting to brag about all we have and our awards and all our promotions and so on.  It is easy to get wrapped up in all our accomplishments and take credit for it all.  That is where true wisdom comes in, at least I think so.  When I sit still and listen for God's voice, I will hear His truth.  I will gain some wisdom for reading His word.  This verse clearly states Jesus wants us to tell others about the great things God has done for us.  The caution comes in making sure we clearly give God the credit for what we have.  

All credit, all honor and all blessings I have is used for the Glory of God!   To God be the Glory!  I have been blessed by a God who loves me and He loves you too!  Shout from the roof tops the blessing God has given you.  Tell others about your healing from God.  Because of Jesus Christ, I have been redeemed and forgiven.  Because of Jesus Christ I have the promise of eternal life.  It is because of Jesus Christ that I am who I am and have what I have.  I have done nothing to deserve any of His blessings, yet He gives them freely. 

Lord, help us to shout about your truth from the roof tops.  Help us not keep quiet, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

1 comment:

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...