Wednesday, March 4, 2015

POSITIVE POST IT NOTES



Ephesians 2:10  For we are God's masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago. 

Can you imagine logging onto your Facebook page to find that someone has hacked into your account and posted on your page,  "You should just kill yourself"?  What would you do if that happened to you or one of your children?  Would you have littered the school with post it notes saying, "You are a masterpiece"?

Today I read something on Facebook that just amazed me.  A high school girl had her locker broken into.  That person took her iPad and posted on her Facebook page, that she should kill herself.  First of all this bullying needs to stop!  It is so ridiculous that someone would post that on Facebook.  What kind of sick people are there in this world.?  I really want to shout and scream at that person who did that.  I would really like to get in their face and put them behind bars.  The mother bear in me wants to get even.  But what this girl did, blew me away.

Instead of getting depressed or angry, this girl took piles of post it notes and put uplifting positive thoughts one each one.  Then she put one of these notes on every single locker in her High School.  Are you kidding me?  That is amazing!!  Me the "good Christian" I think I am, never would have dreamed of that.  This girl blew my mind and made me realize that I am too busy trying to criticize others .  Too busy finding faults in others "religions" and too busy trying to remove the splinter in your eye when I can't see the splinter because I have a pole in my eye.

So starting today, instead of pointing our fingers at different "religions", instead of finding fault with other people,  instead of focusing on the splinter in our neighbors eyes, lets begin to focus on the pole in our own eye.   Let's work together to judge ourselves and not each other.  Let's focus on spreading love and uplifting messages.

Listen I know there are some preachers who get labeled because their messages are always positive, but honestly we need a little more uplifting, positive messages.  With all the bull going on in this world, all the negative news reports, all the crime and murder that is glorified on TV and in movies, with all the shows that promote affairs outside of marriage, there is enough negative junk that is pounded into our heads.  We need positive messages.  

If only we could learn to be like this young lady who instead of getting even or killing herself, decided to spread love and acceptance.  This world would be so much brighter and so much better.  I know as believers we need to be cautious of sin, but not the sinners.  In my simple mind we need to show people love and acceptance at all times no matter what they believe or don't believe.  We cannot win people over to Christ if we are are constantly pointing our fingers in judgement.  We need to lift them up and build them up and show them the love of Jesus,  and let them feel the acceptance of Jesus.  

So lets start posting positive, uplifting notes to everyone.  Smile and share love and peace with everyone we meet.  Let's turn the other cheek and share the positive love we all know so well.

Lord, please help us to remove the pole in our own eyes so that we can share your love and acceptance to everyone we meet.  Help us to post positive, uplifting notes everywhere, in Jesus name I pray, amen 



No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...