Friday, March 27, 2015

DID YOU HEAR THE NEWS?





1 Peter 2:1  So clean house! Make a clean sweep of malice and pretense, envy and hurtful talk. 


"Did you hear the news?  I just heard this from so and so, who heard it from so and so, who heard it from her mother's brother's uncle that so and so is pregnant.  Her boyfriend wants nothing to do with her also!" 

 Okay come on we have all done this at one time or another.   Don't play innocent!  Okay maybe not to this extent, but lets face it, the news reports are plastered with this kind of garbage.  Just watch the entertainment news networks and you will be overwhelmed with so much gossip and hear say that it is ridiculous.  To top that off we not only hear it on TV, we can read about it all the tabloids that are plastered at every check out in every supermarket.  People complain about these tabloids, lawsuits are filled over these lies, and the people spreading the rumors get paid for lying or snitching on people they know.  Really?

Let's be honest it doesn't just happen in politics or royalty or Hollywood.  It happens in our everyday life.  Peoples lives are ruined over rumors and gossip.  People are humiliated and marriages end in divorce over some of this gossip and rumors.  And we think that It won't hurt anyone?  Look around!!!   It has become sickening!  Listening to the demeaning remarks of someone who don't really know you, yet they heard this "truth" from someone who claims to know you or someone who knows someone, who knows someone, who knows you.  

Ever tell a close friend a secret only to have it eventually get back to you in an over exaggerated statement?  I have and I don't think I am the only one who has had this happen.  We make statements on Facebook and read into it what we think they are really saying without asking first.   In fact it was funny, a few years ago I posted about something I had been dealing with for 25 years and that I was finally over it and let it go.  God helped me deal with a situation that was holding me back from being the me He wanted me to be, so I posted it on Facebook.  Well we actually had a friend call Jerry and I asking if we were getting divorced, really?  Talk about taking something too far.  WOW!!

We read into situations without knowing the full story, we hear bits and pieces of a story and end up spreading gossip and rumors and lies that hurt people.  Even in church this happens, and don't pretend it doesn't!  I have heard it, seen it and dealt with it!!  We all have to one extent or another.  And I want to ask one question, WHY?  Why do we do this to each other?  Does it really make us feel better about ourselves if we bring someone else down?  (Alright 2 questions.)  

How many people have committed suicide or killed others because of gossip and rumors and lies?  How many marriages have ended in divorce over gossip and rumors and lies?   How many people have been bullied for years with these lies, and gossip and rumors only to end up going ballistic?  When will we get it through our thick skulls that words can kill!!

Stop trying to make yourself feel better about yourself by spreading gossip, rumors and lies!  Stop spreading gossip!  Stop spreading rumors!  Clean up your house!   Clean up your mouth!  Clean up your thoughts!  If that is all your friends like to do, find new friends!   I did!  I used to long to be invited out with when my husband went to Muskrat dinners,  I felt left out.  Well I got asked once and never went out with that group of friends again.  All they did was complain about their husbands, complain about their children, complain about their jobs and gossip.  I got new friends!!  

Listen our words are powerful, as well as our thoughts.  We need to use them to build people up and encourage others.  We need to use our mouths to tell others about the love of God and the grace Jesus Christ died to give them.   

"If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

Lord, please help me to use my words to spread love and encouragement.  Keep a watch over my mouth and forgive me for the words I spoke in jealousy and anger.  Help me to use my words to tell the world about you, in Jesus name I pray, amen!


1 comment:

  1. How about that.....I stopped when the finger was pointed at me.....I didn't like and made a change in my life so that it wouldn't happen again if had anything to do with it.....Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...