Monday, October 28, 2019

FALL, A TIME FOR CHANGE



It's fall y'all.  The green summer leaves gives way for the oranges, yellows and reds of fall (of course there is those brown leaves too) and the warm summer breezes become cooler and cooler.  We change from tank tops and tee shirts to sweatshirts and sweaters, shorts are packed away and the jeans and sweatpants come back out.  Baseball has been transformed to football and campfires move into fireplaces.  It's season of many changes.  I am weird.  I love change.  I love the different seasons.  I love Michigan because for me, this is home.  My children and grandchildren live here within an hour of where we currently live (okay I have 2 children and 2 grandchildren that live in Toledo, Ohio).  This is where I grew up, met Jerry and this is where we raised our family.  For me home is not a house, home is where my heart is, with my family and friends.


We have lived in quite a few different houses over the years.  The longest we stayed in one house was 15 years.  There are many of you out there who have lived in the same house for 40 or 50 years, my mother-in-law has lived in her house for 60 years I believe.  That's great for you but that's not my desire.  Like I said before, I am weird.  I have loved each home we have lived in and each one represented a season in our lives.  Right now the season we are in is one of downsizing.  A brand new, smaller home with less upkeep and no repairs.  But there will be room enough for all my family to gather together.  

Change for some people is very difficult and even heartbreaking.  It can cause anxiety and depression for some.  I totally understand.  Life is hard enough sometimes without throwing in a change like moving.  Some of you out there ave struggled with the thought of selling and moving, some of you dread the thought.  Let me just say this...life is full of changes, some good, some not so good, but in order to grow, in order to become the person God created you to be, you must be willing to change.  

A change of heart and a change of mind will affect not only our way of life it will also change our words and our thought patterns.  By allowing God's Holy Spirit to transform our hearts and renew our minds, our lives can be more peaceful, more joyful and blessed.  Our fears can fade, our anxiety can calm, our faith can increase, and our words can be filled with love.  Although this process of change is not always pleasant, to look in the mirror and see the reality of our heart condition, the result is life changing.   

To be honest we can do our best to try and change our heart and renew our mind on our own but it will not work as well as when we allow the Holy Spirit to dive into the deep recesses we keep hidden from even ourselves.   Only the Power of God working through the Holy Spirit can reveal the truth.  So today I ask you to allow God to dig deep.  Allow change to become a new pattern for growth in your life and I am going to join y'all.    





No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...