Monday, November 25, 2019

COME HOME






Habakkuk 3:3b-4 His Glory covered the heavens and His praise filled the Earth.  His splendor was like the sunrise; rays flashed from His hand, where His power was hidden.

The rays sparkle on the ocean like a fine diamond, the colors of orange and gold and blue cover the sky as the sun begins its journey to the other side of the world.  As the sun kisses the ocean and the rays from the sun shoot out like arrows piercing the clouds,  the feeling of God's love overwhelms me and warms my soul.  It awakens a spirit of love, grace and mercy in me that I cannot hide. I stand in awe as I feel His very presence surround me.  As the sun disappears from my sight, the skies light up with reds and pinks, oranges and gold.  The amazing thing is that as the sun sets for me, it is rising for someone else somewhere else.

It's so easy to take the sunshine for granted, after all it's always been there.  Everyday it rises and sets like clock work.  Even on a cloudy day, we know it's there.  Taking the sun for granted may sound silly but think about it for a minute.  What would this world be like without the sun?  Would there be a world without the sun?  Could we survive without the sun?  The sun is an essential part of our life, like the air we breathe and the food we eat.  If we take the sun for granted, what else or who else are we taking for granted?

Are we so wrapped up in work and making a living that we take the people in our lives for granted?   Are we so wrapped up in social media that we take our health for granted?  Are we so wrapped up with "keeping up with the Kardashians" that we take for granted the blessings God has given us?  Look around where you are right now, who and what are the blessings in your life right now that you are taking for granted?  I know I'm guilty as charged.  I take my husband for granted so much.  I take my health for granted.  I take my family for granted. And I am afraid to admit, I take God for granted.

How about you?  Do you take God for granted also?  Do you assume, like I do, that He will always be there for you?  The important thing to remember about God is that He will always be there for you.  If you have turned your back on God it's not too late to come back into His presence.  He is waiting for you with open arms.  He has the power to forgive and the power to help us live the life He has for us.  He loves you and I so much that we cannot even begin to comprehend how deep His love for us is.  Come back home today.  Don't wait another day.  He's waiting for you.







No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...