Wednesday, October 23, 2019

IT'S BEEN A WILD RIDE LATELY



These past few months have been a season of change for Jerry and i.  We sold our lake house.  Yes, I know everyone asks us the same question..."Why?"  It's hard for me to explain but the truth is that for us it was time to move on to a new adventure.  While I loved the view, God removed the desire for lake life in both Jerry and I at the same time.  I actually stood on our deck, staring out at a magnificent view and said, "I"m done"  It seemed so weird hearing those words come out of my mouth but in m heart I knew our time at the lake was over.  Jerry was in 100% agreement (thank you God). Now to be honest our children and grandchildren were not in agreement but they support our decision. 

Patience, persistence, waiting on God, trusting in His timing all played a key role in this selling and moving process.  We believed God would work this all out for our good.  God's timing is always perfect and His ways are higher than ours.  His thoughts are higher than our thoughts.  We began the process of sowing seeds of trust and belief.  We began sowing seeds of praise.  Waiting on God has been a learning experience my entire life but this one was a little scary.  We sold the house knowing that the process to build would take at least 6 months.  Where would we live in the meantime?  Where would we go?  What would we do?

God had a plan all along.  To be honest it would be a very long story to go into all the details so just let me say this...God stepped up and provided us place to live with dear friends.  They have opened up their home to us and for that I am eternally grateful.  God has always shown up in our lives in ways I never imagined.  I truly believe that the reason God has shown up for us in so many ways is because we do our best to sow seeds of praise and gratitude along with a strong faith and trust in Him.  

I know life can be very stressful and chaotic and depressing.  It's so easy to get angry and upset when things don't go the way we expect them to go.  It's easy to get impatient and frustrated, but those emotions, those feelings, as real as they are, cause us much more pain.  If we can earn to praise God even under the harshest of circumstances, we will reap a harvest of biblical proportion.  

Ephesians 6:7b  A man reaps what he sows. 

So my question to me and to you is this...What are you sowing?  What do you want to harvest? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...