Friday, October 25, 2019

CONSTRUCTION ZONE AHEAD





Enter At Your Own Risk!!!  Construction Zone Ahead!!!

The process of construction can be exciting.  The endless possibilities and dreams of what could be encourage us and propel us into a new adventure.  Decisions to make can seem endless.  For example last week I woke up at 5:00am.  I found myself tossing and turning over what countertop to choose.  I had one already picked out but I doubted my decision.  Was the one I chose the one I wanted or not?  Do I want granite?  Quartz?  Marble?  Concrete?  Then there is the color and style.  Some countertops are so busy and then there are others that are plain.  A simple decision of countertops can leave me frustrated. Which to choose????  
   
This process is not for the faint at heart.  It takes a lot of hard work and a lot of training to build a house.  First things first....picking our a plan.  How many bedrooms?  Do you want the kitchen in the front or in the back?  Dining room?  How many bathrooms?  And on and on and on.  I literally searched house plans online every day for months.  There are millions of plans and which one you choose depends on how much you want to spend and how much square footage you need.  The endless possibilities sent my head spinning but over time I finally found what I was looking for.  Thank God!  The process is just beginning.  A pole barn is in place to store all our stuff.  Now we patiently sit and wait for the next step.   

Construction--my life is a construction zone.  God is continually building me into the person He wants me to be.  The process is as exciting as building our house but it also has its challenges and frustrations.  There are many times in my life that I want things to go my way, not God's way.  There are so many times I have to choose between the narrow path and the wide path.  God never forces me to take the narrow path, it's a choice I get to make.  I get to choose between right and wrong, good and evil.  I get to choose if I say yes or no.  The thing I have come to realize is that with each choice I make, each decision I decide on...I have to face the consequences of my decision.  I have to live with the choice I make.

I am a work in progress.  God has the blueprints for my life and He is constructing me in a way that is best for me.  Others may not approve of God's plan for me, but I do.  He always works things out for my good so I trust in Him to continue constructing me more into His image.  While I still have decisions to make in my life, I trust in His guidance just like I'm trusting in our builders guidance.  They have the blueprints and the knowledge.  One is building my house here on Earth and the other one, God, is building my eternal home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...