Monday, December 7, 2015

IN CHRIST I AM - BLESSED








Oh to live a blessed life!  How many of us feel that our lives are anything but blessed.  I mean after all there are some of us who have lost our jobs, our homes and our families.  Sickness and disease, divorce and death, financial disasters and the chaos in this world does not lead us to feel blessed.  Just watch the nightly news and you will discover how blessed we are, right?  I mean that sarcastically of course.  This world is in turmoil.  War and destruction are everywhere, to say we are blessed seems so far fetched and unbelievable.

Crime is on the rise everywhere, or so it seems.  Cancer is spreading like wild fire.  Depression and anxiety are common among people.  Stress is overwhelming and the rat race of life is just extreme.  What do we have to feel blessed about?  What does a blessed life look like anyway?  

Well if we look up blessed in the dictionary, we get a distorted view (at least I think so). When I look up the definition, the dictionary says that blessed means holy, consecrated. those who live in heaven with God.  Well I can honestly tell you that I do not feel holy or consecrated at all.  And I am not up in heaven with God so how can I be blessed?  It all seems a little confusing doesn't it?  

I mean just read the Sermon on the Mount.  The word "blessed" just doesn't seem like the logical word in describing all the feelings we should have when going through hard times and struggles.  I mean come on now, how can Jesus expect me to feel holy when I feel like I am being rung through the ringer of life?  How can Jesus expect me to feel holy when a storm of biblical proportion just swept through my family and destroyed my marriage?  How can Jesus expect me to feel holy when I just got diagnosed with cancer?   Read this verse and let me explain the truth as I see it.

Matthew 5:3 (AMP)  "Blessed [spiritually prosperous, happy, to be admired] are the poor in spirit [those devoid of spiritual arrogance, those who regard themselves as insignificant], for theirs is the kingdom of heaven [both now ans forever]

I love the Amplified Bible and how it defines things for us,  You see the Greek word Jesus used in the Sermon on the Mount, blessed, means to be happy or blissful.  I can be happy under all circumstances.  I can spiritually prosperous no matter what is going on in this world around me.  Why?  Well because I am been saved by the blood of Jesus Christ.  In Him I am blessed.  It's not because of anything I have said or done, it's all because of Jesus.

Life is difficult.  It is complicated and it can be downright absurd, but no matter what this life looks like, my eternity is secure.  Because of my faith and belief in Jesus Christ, my eternity will be in heaven.  I have a peace and a comfort knowing that no matter what this life here on earth looks like for me, my forever home will be in heaven.  

Maybe you think I'm a little crazy, okay a lot crazy.  I am crazy!  I am crazy in love with Jesus Christ.  But I would rather live with hope in my heart and peace in my mind and with a smile on my face instead of living with no hope, no promise of eternity and living a life that less than blessed.  Jesus Christ is the reason my life has been blessed.  He is the reason I am here.  He is my hope for a better and brighter tomorrow.  

If your living a life that is less than it should be, I pray that somehow, somewhere someone steps into your life that will point you to Jesus Christ.  I pray that your heart is softened enough to receive Him into your heart.  I pray that I will meet you in eternity where we can discuss our blessed life.

Jesus Christ, you are my Lord and Savior.  Because of your sacrifice for me, I am blessed.  Thank you for allowing me to be your eternal friend forever, in your holy name I pray, amen.











No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...