Thursday, December 24, 2015

THE DAY THAT LOVE CAME DOWN





As I sit and stare at my Christmas tree, my thoughts drift back over 2,000 years ago.  The King of kings, Lord of lords, the Son of God, born in a stable filled with messy animals.  Jesus Christ left heaven with all it's glory to be born into the human mess.  With all the sin and daily struggle that ensued back then, and now, I wonder why He left His comfort zone.  Could it be He really loved us that much?  After all we rarely see any kings or princes leave the palace to live with the commoners.  Oh they may visit us common folk for a hour or two, but the thought of living amongst is unfathomable.  It just wouldn't happen.  

Let me be frank here.  Jesus lived in the lap of luxury.  He lived in a place surrounded by peace and joy.  No tension, no stress, no pointing fingers, no blame, no shame, no gossip, no hatred, no jealousy, no war, no worries, no strife, no illness, no disease, no death existed where He lived His entire life.  Can you imagine such a place?  A virtual Garden of Eden?  A place where life was great and the darkness didn't exist?  Why would anyone leave such a place voluntarily? Why?

LOVE!  Are you searching for love?  Are you looking for someone to love you?  Are you alone and desperate for love?  Is there an emptiness in your soul that longs to be filled with love?  Well let me tell you my friends, LOVE came down in the form of a baby over 2,000 years ago.  This LOVE is something so miraculous, so unbelievable that many deny it.  This LOVE is so rare that many become afraid of it and run away because they feel so unworthy.  This LOVE is so deep that the story has continued throughout all of history. 

No Christmas is not about Santa Claus, it's not about presents or cookies or even about Christmas trees.  Christmas is not just a celebration of the birth of Jesus, at least to me.  Christmas is about how love came down from heaven and rescued me.  Christmas is about a baby born in Bethlehem over 2,000 years ago who had a love so deep and pure that it scared people and still does today.  It's hard to understand a love like this because we are humans.  It's hard to accept a love like this because it is so unbelievable.   

Luke 2:11-14 "Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you: He is the Messiah, the Lord.  This will be a sign to you; you will find the baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."  Suddenly a great company of the heavenly hosts appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom His favor rests."

The Promised Messiah has been born.  The Lord of lord and King of kings.  I can honestly hear the sound of the angels crying at His birth.  The wonder of it all, the sheer majesty of heaven born as a baby.  Innocent and pure, without sin and filled with love for everyone, even those who would deny His existence. 

LOVE was born in a stable in Bethlehem, a LOVE that was very different and hard to comprehend.  LOVE sent down from heaven to rescue those who believe in the magic of Christmas.  LOVE came down to rescue me and you.

Listen I know that this story may seem unbelievable, but it's true.  This LOVE is available to you this Christmas.  As you gather together tonight and tomorrow, or maybe you're all alone this year.  There is someone who LOVES you, Jesus Christ.  He loves you right where you are, in all your mess, in all your sin and shame, He LOVES you!  He came down to rescue you!  He wants to fill your soul with an everlasting love like you have never known.  

Read the lyrics of this Chris Tomlin song and let it sink into your heart and soul this Christmas time of year.


I was lost
I was in chains
The world had a hold of me
 My heart was a stone
I was covered in shame
When He came for me
I couldn't run, couldn't run from His presence
I couldn't run, couldn't run from His arms

Jesus, He loves me, He loves me, He is for me
Jesus, how can it be, He loves me, He is for me

It was a fire
Deep in my soul
I'll never be the same
I stepped out of the dark
And into the light
When He called my name
I couldn't run, couldn't run from His presence
I couldn't run, couldn't run from His arms

Jesus, He loves me, He loves me, He is for me
Jesus, how can it be, He loves me, He is for me

He holds the stars and He holds my heart
With healing hands that bear the scars
The rugged cross where He died for me
My only hope, my everything

Jesus, He loves me, He loves me
Jesus, how can it be, He loves me, He is for me
He loves me, He loves me, He loves me
He loves me, He is for me
He loves me, my God it's amazing
Jesus loves me


Jesus I believe in you!  I place my trust in you!  I want the love you have for me.  Fill me to overflowing with your love and peace, in your name I pray, amen.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

1 comment:

  1. Myjourney started in2010 my lord and savoirnever left .me alone thru all the pain and suffering he was with me he has always been with me

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...