Wednesday, December 2, 2015

IN CHRIST I AM - ALIVE






Today is one of those days.  I woke up later than usual and my schedule has been thrown off course.  I am dealing with frustration in myself and who I am or I should say who I'm not.   This picture make me feel better, but to say I feel out of sorts would be an understatement.  I feel out of balance and tired.  Why?  I'm not sure.  I'm on a new exercise program and I'm eating better and healthier yet I feel yuck!  Okay to be honest I feel like nothing!

Oh I know I have tried my best to talk myself into feelings better, I have even read some of my own blogs, but nothing seems to make me feel better.  I am struggling.   I know my husband will read this and ask me why I don't talk to him about this, but truthfully, I need to get through this struggle with God.  That is the only way I will ever get out of this pit I feel I am in.  

You know what's sort of comical?  I'm here writing about being alive in Christ and I feel anything but alive in Christ.  I think, no I know, I am under attack by the enemy.  I have been for a while, ever since writing on this topic of who I am in Christ.  It's something that is difficult to talk about let alone try to help someone understand how I feel.   Feelings are neither right nor wrong, but when I allow my feelings to change me, that is when I have to realize that this attack is real.

You see, sin has killed my relationship with God.  My selfishness, my pity parties, my sin has kept me at a distance.  My enemy knows this and has no problem reminding me of my past.  He points out everything I did wrong and he points out everything others said about me.  He brings up all those words that hurt me and all the times I have felt ignored and magnifies them.  He is trying to bring me down!  BUT I will not allow that!  I AM ALIVE IN CHRIST! 

Romans 6:11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.  

It doesn't matter what my past looked like.  It doesn't matter what anyone else says about me.  My past sins have been wiped away.  Where I was once dead because of my sins, I am now alive because of my faith and belief in Jesus Christ.   I am not who I used to be, and for that I am grateful.  

You want to hear something comical?  I searched my Bible for references to who I am in Christ.  I passed right by ALIVE!  I almost missed out on this point or I should say someone wanted me to miss out on this.  I am alive!  What should kill me, my sin and selfishness, will not destroy me because Jesus Christ already removed my sins.  Because of His death, because of His sacrifice, I am alive.  He took my sins to the cross with Him.  Because of Him I am alive.

Yes the thief has been trying to steal my joy, and kill my relationship with God and destroy me personally.  But the thief can't steal, kill or destroy anything about me because Jesus already fought the enemy and won the battle!  I AM ALIVE!!   Please don't miss out on this like I almost did.  Even though some day I will physically die, I WILL ALWAYS BE ALIVE IN CHRIST FOR ALL ETERNITY.

You have a choice.  You can live as a "dead man walking".  You can allow your joy to be stolen, your relationship to God killed and your life destroyed, or you can be alive in Christ.  The thief will be happy to steal, kill and destroy you, or you can be alive.  All you have to do is put your faith and belief in Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ, today I put my faith and belief in you.  I do not want to live a dead life, but a life that is alive in you.  Come into my heart today and show me how to live for you and how to live a life that is alive in you, in Jesus name I pray, amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...