Monday, November 30, 2015

IN CHRIST I AM - APPOINTED









Appointed - that is a word that stirs a lot of emotion and feelings in some people.  Many of us have jobs in which we have appointed tasks to do.  It's part of our job, part of the expectations from the boss.  When we apply for a job usually we are given a list of qualities we must have in order to complete the work we are appointed to do.  That appointed work is expected to be done.  If we don't complete our appointed tasks we risk getting fired.  Many of us would rather just be able to do our appointed tasks on our time table without a boss watching to make sure we do what we need to do.  

Working at an appointed task is not easy.   Sometimes there are deadlines to make, expectations to complete and forms to fill out.  Now days as I look at the work force in general, we have become lackadaisical and lazy.  Many employees try to take the easy and quick route to complete an appointed job.  After all as long as it's done does it really matter how it was done or if it was done the way we were expected to do it?  All that matters is that the appointed task is complete, right?

Wrong!  Okay I may ruffle some tail feathers here but when we have an appointed job to do and if our boss expects us to do it a certain way and in a certain time frame, it does matter that we do it the way he expects us to, at least if we want to keep our jobs.  When we are appointed to do a job, we must learn to complete it the way we are expected to, not our own way.  It does matter how we do it and when we do it.  

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in ourselves that we forget our boss may also be under pressure to get the appointed job done in a timely manner.  To be honest here, lives may be at risk if we do not do the appointed jobs we are expected to do.  If you have a job to do and you have been appointed to do that job, then do it!  Stop making excuses!  Stop whining!  Stop complaining!  Just do what you have been appointed to do.  You were chosen to complete a task.  You have been appointed to complete a mission.  If you don't do it, who will?

John 15:16  You did not chose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit - fruit that will last - and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. 

God decided before you ever came into this world that He would appoint you and I to complete some tasks.   We have been equipped by God to complete the appointed mission at hand.  We have been designated to do what He needs us to do and if we do not do what we have been appointed to, who will?  Oh I totally get that it's much easier to just sit back in our lazy boy chairs than to risk getting out there in this evil world to do an appointed job that takes us out of our comfort zone.  

For 2 weeks before Christmas and until after New Years, our church volunteers at "Share The Warmth".   This is done through the Salvation Army in our area.   From 7:00 pm until 7:00 am members of our church body volunteer to be with those who are homeless and feed them along with making sure they are sleeping okay on those cold winter nights.  The first time I heard this I thought they were nuts.  Number one, it's the busiest time of the year, the holidays!  Secondly it does not thrill me to be awake until 1:30 am when the second shift comes in.  That's right there is actually people who volunteer between 1:30 am and 7:00 am.  

Yes this program has taken me out of my comfort zone and out of my comfy bed, but I realized that this is an appointed mission for not only our church, but for me.  I have met homeless people who are just like me, only they lost everything.  It made me realize that there but for the grace of God could go I.  Yes I have been appointed by God in many other ways, such as writing this blog.  So have you!  If you do not do the mission God has appointed to you, someone may miss out on eternity in Heaven.

You see I am not special or unique.  What God as appointed me to do, He has given me the ability to do.  I cannot and will not do anything that is not appointed to me by God.   I realize that peoples eternities hang in the balance.  Yes there are times when I lose focus and neglect the appointed tasks God gives me.  Yes there are times when my selfish, sinful nature rears it's ugly head and I lose sight of my appointed mission.  I am human and God forgives me, but I pray that God will continue to appoint me to do whatever He needs me to do.

Lord,  you have appointed me to do things that I cannot imagine doing without your anointing on my life.  Help me to fulfill my appointed missions with your grace and strength, in Jesus name I pray, amen.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...