Friday, November 20, 2015

IN CHRIST I AM - ADOPTED









As I sit here in the comfort of my home surrounded by pictures of my children and grandchildren I am overcome with love and gratitude.  I am blessed with a family who loves me and accepts all my little (or big) quirks and goofiness.  Family is extremely important to me.  I will put off going to a warmer climate this winter because my youngest daughter is having a baby.  This will forever change my winter plans for warmth because I would rather be here celebrating the birthday of my grandchild over my own comfort.  Call me crazy!  

I would give my life for my children and grandchildren.  I will give up my comfort for their pleasure and joy (well sometimes).  My family mean the world to me.  They are my everything, right after my relationship with God and my husband.  They bring me so much joy and happiness.  Yes there have been times when they have brought me stress and chaos, but still, in those times I feel joy and peace when I see their eyes and feel their hugs. 

For many children out there, there is no family.  They sit in orphanages and foster homes waiting to feel a sense of what family really means.  I heard a young girl from Moldova a few years ago, who spoke about being a orphan.  When she was finally put into an Christian Group Home for young teens, she was amazed and filled with tars when she experienced her first hug and was told that she was loved.  She had never felt that before.  How sad!  There are so many children out there who just need a family to love them and accept them. That would be life changing. 

As I scroll through Facebook and Google + I see and hear so much hatred and anger that I am overwhelmed.    I am also sickened by it, but I understand it also.  We all need to feel safe and protected and loved.  We need security and support from people and if we do not truly know what a family looks like, how can we ever change our life or change the world.  The thing is that no matter how dysfunctional or delusional our earthly family is, we have an eternal family that is just what we need.  See, when I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior, my family grew enormously. 


Ephesians 1:3-6 (The Message)  How blessed is God!  And what a blessing He is! He's the Father of our Master, Jesus Christ, and takes us to the high places of blessing Him.  Long before He laid down the earth's foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of His love, to be made whole and holy by His love.  Long, long ago He decided to ADOPT us into His family through Jesus Christ.   (What a pleasure He took in planning this!)  He wanted us to enter into the celebration of His lavish gift-giving by the hand of His beloved Son. 

You see, I have been adopted by God through the blood of Jesus Christ.  I have been eternally grafted into God's family.  That's right, the creator of the universe has taken me in His loving arms and cradles me with His love.  He has signed my adoption papers in blood!  I am His and He is mine!  

My eternal life is guaranteed and my family line is now filled with some of the most amazing people ever.  In fact my family tree is written in the Bible.  That's right!  I am God's daughter washed clean by the blood of Jesus Christ.  I am never alone!  He will never abandon me!  He will never forsake me.  I am His and He is mine.

Listen, the greatest day of my life was the day I became adopted into the family of God!  My life has never been the same.  The anger, the rejection, the loneliness, the sadness, and even the hatred I used to feel many, many, many, many years ago has been removed.  

When you are adopted into the family of God, you change (for the better.  Trust me!) Those who truly have been adopted by God, will not hate, will not dwell in fear, will not worry, and will not allow anger to rule their lives.  Why?  Well I can only speak for myself but as for me I know I have adopted by God and since my eternal parent is God, I know that all my needs, all my desires, all my dreams and my eternity is in Him.  I read the end of the book and guess what?  We win!  So why let this world drive you to anger and hatred, when God is love.  And now that I am His daughter, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I am loved and cared for.  You can be adopted by God also.  Your family can become my family by believing in Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus Christ, I believe you died for me so that I could adopted into the family of God.  I receive you as my Lord and Savior.  Come into my heart and change me.  Take away everything that does not give you glory.  Thank you for adopting me.  I belong to God!  In Jesus name I pray, amen!









No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...