Monday, November 23, 2015

IN CHRIST I AM - ANOINTED





 I have sat for many years wondering what am I good at?  I would list the number of things I was not good at, the gifts and talents I didn't have seemed numerous.  I was not a gifted seamstress, I didn't knit or crochet, I wasn't a sketch artist or even close.  I wasn't this, I wasn't that.  I would watch people with talents and gifts that would make me in awe of them.  Okay, honestly I was jealous of them.  

I tried my hand at writing, but was told in high school by my least favorite catholic nun that I didn't have a lick of talent for writing.   I lived discouraged.  As I would watch others sew, knit, crochet, paint, put together flower arrangements and so I on I wondered what gifts or talents, if any, did I have.  Nothing seemed to work out.  Nothing pointed me in any direction.  

Of course my attitude could have had something to do with it also.  I remember one day my dad telling me I should learn to sew like my sister.  Well there was no way in heck I would ever even try to sew after that comment.  That was my attitude (and sadly still is to some extent.).  If someone tells me how to do something a certain way, I try to do the opposite.  My dad tried to teach me bowling, yea that didn't go well.   I was who I was!  I was just untalented and not very gifted.  I just had to learn to accept that fact and get on with my life. 

Anointed?  Yea right!  To do what?  Annoy people?  Yea, I was good at that.  That word anointed crept into my soul and made me feel like a real loser.   I would hear about being anointed at church, but never really understood the concept.  How could God anoint me to do anything?  Why would God anoint me to do anything?  I never went to school to learn to do anything except exist and get by.  I never went to college, had no desire to, so how could I be anointed?  I am not talented.   

1 John 2:20  But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.

Well God says otherwise!  In Christ I am anointed!  But to do what?  That was my dilemma.  I set out to discover what my anointing was.  I wasn't obvious to me.  I had been so "put in my place" by this nun and other teachers, that writing was far from my mind.  I despised English with all its sentence structures and correct grammar, it made me feel ill.  How could God expect me to write?  My anointing could not be writing, it had to be something else I hadn't discovered yet.  Then God brought me to this verse that changed my idea of what my anointing was.  

1 Corinthians 1:27  But God chose the foolish things to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.   

You see for a writer, I am weak.  Never studied writing, never cared about proper grammar, never ever took a class on writing.  In fact I barely passed English class.  I am foolish to think I can write on my own.  But I am in Christ and since I am in Christ, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me, including write.  

When God told me that He wanted me to write a blog, I thought I was hearing things.  Surely a biblical scholar who went to school for writing would be better, than me?  Surely God can't use me like He could someone who is wiser and stronger.  Boy was I wrong.  He has used me and will continue using me as long as He sees fit.  It is not me who writes this, it is Him who works through me to do what I am doing.  I cannot or will not take credit for this.  

Are my words perfect?  No.  Is my grammar correct?  Heck no!!  But to God it doesn't matter.  He uses my weakness and my lack to proclaim His strength and glory.  He works in me and through me to anoint me to do whatever He needs me to do.  He has anointed me to write, even though others told me I couldn't (or shouldn't).  I have been anointed by God through the blood of Jesus Christ to accomplish His mission on earth.  He has anointed you also.  It won't be by your power or strength, it will be done through Christ.  Allow God to anoint you and sit back and watch the glory of God work in you and through you. 

Lord, I thank you for working through my weakness and my foolishness.  I know that in Christ I am anointed to do whatever work you need me to do.  Use my anointing to proclaim your glory, in Jesus name I pray, amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...