Friday, August 28, 2015

WHY BOTHER?




1 Thessalonians 5:11  Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. 

Have you ever felt like everything you do is meaningless and worthless?  No matter how hard you try nothing goes right.  No matter what you do it is never good enough.  No matter what you say, it always comes our wrong?  Ever look in the mirror and wonder. "Why bother?  No one cares, no one notices."    

My friends I have been there and it is not a good place to be.  In fact as I just think about this the tears fill my eyes, my chest tightens up and my heart feels hurt.  I wish I was the type of person that could just brush things off and say who cares, but God didn't make  me that way.  I wish I could change who I was to be acceptable to everyone, but I can't.  I am who I am.  

For me, my love language is words of encouragement.  I don't know why I am this way, but words and the tone in a persons voice can either bring me encouragement and life, or death.   The Bible says out of the heart, the mouth speaks, so even if someone does something nice for me, yet uses their tongue to put me in my place, that makes me wonder what that truly says about their heart.  

"Actions speak louder than words" is not true for me.  People can put on an act and put on a mask pretending, but their words speak the truth.  In public people can be all sweet yet in private their words tell the truth about what their heart feels.  

Growing up, kids words devastated me and made me wrap myself in a cocoon that protected me from having many friends.   I chose my friends very carefully and still do.  A true friend is one who encourages, keeps secrets, listens, and loves me for who I am.  A true friend will call me and ask how I'm doing, not just bombard me with their drama over and over and over again.  I have had a few friends like that, and I had to chose to end the friendship.  It was just too much for me to deal with.  But in writing this I am wondering how much of a friend I have been.

I love to be encouraged, yet do I encourage others?  Probably not as much as I should.  Maybe God is trying to teach me a lesson by not getting encouraging words?  I know that's the case.  I am guilty of not being encouraging  to others.  I need to change that starting right now!  

Listen I know I could throw myself a giant pity party right now but instead I am going to tell you something God daily tells me:

You are wonderfully and fearfully made!  You are amazingly beautiful!  You have the very presence of God living inside of you!  You may feel discouraged and battered from the storm, but lift your head, lift your hands because God loves you more than you will ever fully grasp.  Jesus died on the cross for you!  His grace is showered down on you every second of every day.  You are God's masterpiece!  

May the encouraging words in the Bible speak the truth about God's love to you.  May you realize just how special and unique you are.  May you continue to let God form you into the masterpiece you are becoming, in Jesus name I pray, amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...