Friday, August 21, 2015

DO YOU REALLY KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU HAVE?





Ephesians 1:17-19  I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength 


We just don't get it do we?  We just don't understand who we are do we?  We really don't know what we have do we?  Come on admit it!  I know I am not too proud to admit it, are you?   If we did fully grasp the truth, this world would be a different place.  Our lives would look so different if we ever really tried to get ahold of this simple truth.  The things we could accomplish if we ever truly believed this simple truth.  The way our heart would change which in turn would change our thoughts, our words and our actions just blows my mind.

Okay read these verses again.  Did you get it?  To be honest I read these verses a few times before I got it. Keep reading it over and over and over until you get.  Want a hint?  The word I am talking about today starts with the letter P.  Now do you get it?  That's right I am talking about Power!!!

I know that word is scary and a bit intimidating for some of us.  For me it was also until the Holy Spirit really hit me over the head with these verses.  As I sat one day and really grabbed a hold of these verses and that word "POWER" I was amazed and deeply saddened that most of my life, I did not realize that as believers, we have the power of Jesus Christ, through His Holy Spirit, living inside of us.

Paul prayed this prayer for the Ephesians because he knew they needed to grab a hold of God's power.  He wanted them to wake up and realize the power that was available to them.  God wants us to wake up and grab a hold of this simple, yet frightening truth; WE HAVE POWER!  As a believer in Jesus Christ, we have power available to us today.  Yet so many of us just don't get it do we?

We wander around in sack cloth and ashes with a "woe is me attitude" attending every single pity party we can go to.  We are weak, wimpy, fearful, miserable people who constantly whine and moan and groan because life has just be hard.  We dwell on our past, we remember all those harsh words, we think about how hurt we have been by others, we sink into a depression because our lives just didn't turn out as we thought.  SERIOUSLY?

Listen up fellow believers, I for one am done!  IT IS FINISHED!  My past sins, my past hurts, my past diseases, my past weaknesses, my past mistakes, my past fears were all nailed to a cross in Calvary with Jesus Christ.   When Jesus said "It is finished" He meant it.  All this baggage that has weighed us done was removed for ever when we chose to believe, so why do still live weak, pathetic, pitiful lives?

Maybe it's a "comfort zone" thing, maybe it's because when we finally realize the simple truth that we have God's power available to us, that removes all our excuses and all the I can'ts from our lives.  Maybe we like attending pity parties, I know I thought I used to enjoy it.  Then one day God woke me up and asked me why I was afraid of His power.  Truth be told, I didn't want to believe I had His power available to me because that would change who I was and what I did and how I acted.

It's actually amazing when I stop and think about all I missed out on because I denied His power at work in and through me.  But the past is in the past and now I know, I have power and so do you!  The power of God that raised Jesus from the dead lives inside of you to do amazing things.  The power of God, a God who loves you, gives you the power to love those who may not deserve it.  We have the power to forgive others, to reach a lost and broken world.  We have power to overcome evil with good.  We have power to do whatever God calls us to do.  And we have power to enjoy our lives no matter what we are going through.

Get over yourself and claim the power that is available to you today.  Sound harsh?  Sorry but I had to get over myself and I still do.  Stop whining and complaining and moaning and groaning!  Grab a hold of God's power and let Him transform you life starting today!

Lord, give us a spirit of wisdom and revelation so we may know you better.  Open our eyes and our heart so we may know the hope that you have given us.  Help us to grab a hold of the power you make available to us today as believers in Jesus name I pray, amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...