Monday, August 17, 2015

TAKING TIME TO STOP AND LOOK




Luke 19:5  And when Jesus came to the place, He looked up and saw him, and said to him, "Zacchaeus, make haste and come down, for today I must stay at your house." 


In this fast paced world how and when do we eve take time to stop and look around at where we are and who we are around.  Us so called Christians can be so busy running around like chickens with our heads cut off that we forget to stop and look around.  We're in such a hurry that we don't notice those who need help.  

On Sunday mornings, we rush to get ready to go to church, we rush through traffic, we rush to get the best parking spot, we rush to get the best seats, all the while we're missing the hurting people all around us.  

Our homes, our streets, our churches are filled with people who are hurting and if we would just stop and look around, we may notice them.  If we take our eyes off ourselves, we would see them.  If we would unplug our headphones, we would hear them.  If we would stop the chaos and rushing, we would notice.  

At church yesterday I had an awakening.   We have been discussing our wounds and the healing process for the last 3 weeks.  Yesterday he opened the floor for some to share their testimonies about their wounds.  Tears flowed from every eye.  Abused and battered, unloved and unaccepted, abandoned and alone, infertility, lust, divorce, drug abuse, alcoholism, prison and molested were just some of the testimonies.  Now these are people I see every Sunday, I talk to them yet I never knew these things.  I never really took time to come to them, look at them and actually see the pain.  

If we are to be living examples of Jesus Christ here on Earth then we need to learn how to stop.  Forget the hustle and bustle this world and just begin to stop and look around.  I mean really look around.  When I stop and actually take time to look into the eyes of people, I can see the pain.  When I actually stop and look into their faces I can see the stress.  When I actually take time to stop and grab a hold of their hands, I can feel the pain.  

You see, Jesus came to Zacchaeus.  He looked for Zacchaeus.  He saw  Zacchaeus.  He did not wait for Zacchaeus to come to Him.  Even though Zacchaeus was in a tree, even though Jesus had a schedule to keep, even though Jesus was on a mission and had a certain time table, He took time to notice a person in need of a Savior.  

Indeed we need to learn to stop.  We need to learn to go to others instead of waiting for them to come to us.  We need to look around to see if there is a need we can meet and then meet it.  We need to see others needs before we dwell on our own needs.  

Imagine the difference we could make in this world if we learned to stop and take notice of who is around us.  Imagine the difference we could make if we learned to take time to reach out to others first.  Imagine the difference we could make if we actually lived our lives like Jesus.  

Whatever you are going through right now, please know that Jesus is coming to you!  Please know that Jesus is looking for you and He sees you.  He hears your cries.  He is with you.  

Lord, forgive me for rushing to fast to notice those in need.  Forgive me for waiting on others to come to me.  Help me to learn to go to others and look for others and see others.  Help me to learn to stop and notice, in Jesus name I pray, amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...