Friday, August 7, 2015

TODAY I AWAKEN TO THE TRUTH




John 7:38  He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." 

As I sit here in the early morning hours the sun is just beginning to kiss the horizon.  Colors of pink and purple begin to streak across the sky.  The sound of silence echoes through my ears.  No boats, no fishermen. The lake is smooth as glass,  a school of carp are feeding on the bugs floating just above the water, an occasional fish jumping pierces the silence.  As I enjoy the silence, it is interrupted by squawking  of a family of geese.  It seems like its been such a long time since I last woke up this early to watch a sunrise, but I felt a prompting, I heard a whisper, I felt a tapping on my heart to get up.  


So here I am.  6:00am with another glorious sunrise beckoning me to view the majesty of our creator.  I wonder am I one of the few who are privileged to view this sunrise?  Why does God create such stunning sunrises?  Why doesn't He just pop the sun up with no big hoopla? 

The reflection on the lake just magnifies the array of colors that God has painted across the early morning sky.  The clouds make the sunrise so much more intense and colorful.  As I stare off in the distance my mind begins to wander to those who do not know this amazing God I see in this sunrise.  I wonder if they realize how much God loves them?  I wonder if they realize how deep, how wide, how long, how wide His love is for them?

Those that deny His existence, are missing out on so much that my heart hurts just thinking about them.  Don't they see the beauty and majesty that surround them?  Don't they know the intricate systems that God put in place in our bodies that beckons the truth about our creator?  How can they deny Him when I see Him and feel Him everywhere I look?

The pain is real, the denial is true but the ache in their heart, you know what I'm talking about?  The pain in the hearts of unbelievers?  Although they deny it, it's there.  Like the missing piece of a puzzle, like the missing note in a melody, their heart has an emptiness that nothing seems to fill.

Booze and drugs can seem to temporarily fill the void.   Lust maybe the missing piece?  Maybe a boyfriend or a girlfriend will fill that emptiness?  Money!  That's it!  That is what the missing piece of the puzzle is.  After all money can buy happiness or at least it can appear to.   With money we can travel the world,  we can buy every trinket and toy out there.  With money we can have that home we've always dreamed of.  With money we can buy anything and everything.  That will fill that void, we'll just fill it with stuff.

Okay let me be honest here.  Drugs and alcohol may numb the pain of our heart, love from another can dull the ache we feel, and money may give us a temporary joy that seems real, but honestly you were created to crave God.  Whether you choose to believe in Him or not, there is a place in our hearts that cannot and will not be filled with anything or anyone bur God.  No matter how hard we try, no matter what we try to fill it with, there is only one piece of that puzzle that fits, God.

If that offends you, I am sorry.  It's reality!  It's a fact!  I cannot and will not attempt to prove it to you.  You can deny it but deep down in your heart and soul you know I'm right.  You may never admit it, but it's real.  

The broken and wounded of this world can be rich or poor.  I have seen people who have tons of money who live broken and searching.  They live to fill that void, they spend to fill that void, they may even donate money to charities to get that applause, that pat on the back, that newspaper article that proves they are good.  

I have also seen the opposite, the poor who feel they have to do unspeakable acts while searching for  significance and meaning to their lives.  Some join gangs looking for acceptance, some sell drugs to make money, others sell their bodies.  Some do whatever it take to feel love.  

Please let me tell you this.  If you are reading this and do not believe in God, let me assure you that there is a God.  He is real!  That void in your heart you've been trying to fill, will never be filled with anything or anyone but Him.  See this picture of the sunrise I took this morning?  He painted that masterpiece just for you.  Put your heart on your chest and feel the beating of your heart.  It beats for Him and Him alone.  Listen I know it may be hard for you to believe but God loves you!  He has an amazing life waiting for you!  

I challenge you to get a bible and read the New Testament.  Just try it, what do you have to lose? 

Lord, please heal all those hearts who are searching for love in all the wrong places.  Fill that void in all our hearts with your love in Jesus name I pray, amen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...