Monday, June 22, 2015

WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST LOVE EACH OTHER?





Mark 12:30-31  Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'  The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." 


It's 5:18 am and I am awake.  Why?  As I lie in my bed and toss and turn thoughts keep rolling through my mind.  God brought me to the verse for a reason last week and now I know why.  He wants us all to follow this command to a tee!  Jesus said "there is no greater commandment than these" yet for some stupid reason some of us seem to ignore it or at least brush it aside.

As I sit here on my deck typing this the sun is just starting to kiss the horizon, the lake is smooth as glass except the ripple from the fish that are jumping, morning doves are cooing their soothing sounds, birds are chirping and the world here in Michigan is coming alive after a good nights sleep, so why am I awake?  I should still be sleeping yet I'm not, why?

Events last week and recently have me in a sense or turmoil and strife.  I just don't get it.  Why can't we just love each other?  Why can't we just accept each other as we are?  If Jesus stated that loving God and loving our neighbor is the greatest commandment then why are we treating each other the way we do?      

Last week a man opened fire in a bible study group and killed 9 people, why?  For believing in God?  For being black?  Really?  

We get angry at each other for being different and judge others who are different.  We point fingers and blame others for our unhappiness.  Really?

Brother against brother, sister against sister all to prove a point, really?

We voice our opinions, we voice our concerns, we become stubborn and prideful and we lose track of these verses which contain the wisdom and the greatest commandment from God, LOVE!

What is wrong with us?  Why do we behave like children bickering and complaining?  Why can't we just learn to love?  Why do we feel we have to be right and everyone else is wrong?  Why do we feel it's okay to hurt someone's feelings without caring?  Why do we feel it necessary to point out what others are doing wrong without looking in the mirror first?  Why?  Please someone tell me why?

Why is one person right and everyone else is wrong?  Why is love the thing we fight the most?  Why do we force our opinions on everyone else?  Why do people fight each other?   What has happened to love?

Back in the old days, neighbors and families helped each other.  Where did that go?  

Pride!!  Ego!!  Stubbornness!!  Selfishness!!   

Those things have torn apart the very fabric of love.  Marriages, families, friendships, and even churches have been torn apart by those 4 words.  How sad!

I am one who is sick and tired of the lack of love in this world.  I wish I could go back in time and experience what the love of Jesus was truly like as He walked this Earth.  Because I think His love for others was much deeper and more profound than any of us human beings understand.  

If we believers would just love like Jesus did, this world would be an amazing place.  If we would set our foolish, selfish pride aside, and just learn to love as Jesus commanded, this world would be a better place to live.

As it is now, I am truly sad.  People killing others for being different, for being richer, for being a different color, for believing in God, for not believing in God, seriously?  

Can't we all just get along?  Can't we learn to just love each other?  Just wondering if anyone can explain it to me!

God forgive me for my selfish pride, my ego and my stubbornness that keeps me from just loving others.  Lord rid me of my pride, crucify my ego and my selfishness, destroy my stubbornness.  Help me to learn to live our love all the days of my life, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

2 comments:

  1. We are just seeing what happens when the unregenerate heart is unleashed. but when it comes to believers against believers, James 4 makes it clear why there is strife among us. Very sad and distressing times we live in. Thanks be to God (who gives us the victory) through Christ Jesus. Rom 8:25

    ReplyDelete
  2. It makes me sad for those who don't know God. How, do they keep going? Without Jesus, I am nothing,making loving others just another check on my to-do list. Thanks for a great post.

    ReplyDelete

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...