Monday, June 8, 2015

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH WHAT YOU KNOW?



Well?  What do you do with what you know?  Come in now!  Get real!  We are smarter than we think we are.  We all have at least some smarts!  Our brain, the mini computer in that thick skull of ours contains more knowledge than we acknowledge.  Admit it.

We know the difference between right and wrong.  We were all, for the most part, taught the difference at a very young age.  We were taught what is appropriate words and inappropriate words.  We were taught manners, we were taught not to lie or steal, we were taught not to cheat and not to hurt others.  So why does it seem that there are some of us who forgot these lessons?

Listen the knowledge is there right between our two ears.  It didn't just disappear over night, a magician didn't make it vanish,  a storm didn't wash it away.  It's there!  So why don't all of us use this knowledge?  Why do some of us act like we don't have a brain in our head?  Why do some of us simply not care about what we know any longer?

As a believer in Jesus Christ, (if we are a true believer), we are given an anointing of the Holy Spirit.  With that anointing comes knowledge, but also we have been given an anointing of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control.  If we are true believers than these fruits of the spirit already live inside us.  So why aren't we using these?  

1 John 2:20  But you have been anointed by the Holy One, and you all have knowledge. 

I have been around many people who call themselves christians, but to be honest I have questions as to whether they are really christians who believe in Jesus Christ or they just said a simple prayer, hoping that they would magically get eternity some day.  

Okay I am not trying to judge here but I have to be honest.  I know some very angry and judgemental christians.  I know some gossiping and finger pointing christians who seem to sit on their throne pointing out others faults.  I know some people who would proclaim to be believers who would dare believe they could be the one to throw a stone at Mary Magdelene.  I know so called believers who spew profanity and use God's name in vain from the same lips that praise God.  I know people who say they believe in Jesus Christ, yet wouldn't dare forgive someone who hurt them.

Listen I understand that we are human and God doesn't expect us to be perfect.  BUT He does expect us to use the knowledge we have been given to start to change.  We should daily, minute by minute, second by second, be working on transforming ourselves from our own image, into His image.  We should say "God change me"  Instead of rayong for God to change someone else.

Until there is a day when we can look in the mirror and actually see Jesus Christ staring back at us, we are a work in progress.  None of us will ever see the image of Jesus staring back at us while we are alive.  We all need to change.  We all need to tap into that knowledge given to us when we were anointed.  We all need to develop the fruits of the spirit we have been given.  Tap into that anointing and allow ourselves to be transformed.  Admit our failings and change.   

Just my opinion!

Lord, through your anointing I have been given knowledge of right and wrong.  The fruit of the spirit dwells in me.  Help me to eliminate my pride and crush my ego so that you can begin to transform me into your image, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...