Monday, June 15, 2015

LET IT GO!!



Mark 12:30-31  "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these." 

"Love the Lord your God."  Simply stated, yet so deep.  To love someone we cannot see, to love someone we cannot touch, to love someone we cannot hear seems impossible.  To those who do not believe in God, we may seem like idiots but for me personally, loving God is my deepest desire.  To love God is simple, it is obvious to me that my God exists because I see Him everywhere I go.  Alright not literally but when I see a sunrise or a sunset, when I glance at nature and the breathtaking beauty of this world, I see God.  When I look into the eyes of my children and grandchildren and miracle of their birth and life, I see God.  When I look at the complexity of this human body we dwell in, I see God. 

I feel His love when I see my family and friends.  I feel His love when the warmth of the sun kisses my cheeks. I feel His love in the deepest part of my soul when I am sad.  He has wiped away my tars and calmed  my fears.  He has help me tight and loved me with an everlasting love.  His love overwhelms me and chases me down everyday.  His love invades all my words and all my thoughts.  His love for me affects every action I take.  His love has changed me into a better person.   

Yes, I love God!  He is amazing and has done so many great things for me in my lifetime.  But loving God is not without risks. It means lowing your defenses, it means giving up your heart, it means giving up your own plans to follow God's plan, it means relying on God and trusting in Him and not ourselves, it means surrendering your life,  For those of us who are control freaks, this is very difficult and honestly I believe this may be one of the main reasons, some chose not to believe in God.  Our pride and our ego can very easily keep us from believing in God, we don't want to surrender, that means defeat,  

Yes it's risky to love God, but oh the blessings I have found in loving Him has eternal rewards. 
 Seriously as a catholic I thought I knew about God and loved Him, but until I learned how to totally surrendered my life to Him, I realized I was kidding myself.  You see I never heard or learned about total surrender.  They don't talk about that in the catholic church, at least I never heard that.   I gave up control of my life, my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength.  

How could I not love God?  He gave up the life of His Son, Jesus Christ, so that my sins could be forgiven.  He sacrificed His Son for me and for you!   He allowed His Son to be killed for me and you!  Whether you believe or not, God loves you.  He wants a relationship with you, not a religion.  Listen my life has changed so much since the day I totally surrendered to God and accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior.  I have a peace so deep and profound that it is hard to explain.  God has blessed me in ways I never imagined or dreamed.  The greatest gift I can ever give my family and friends is the gift of total surrender to my God who loves them!  

 Let it go!!   Let go of the pride!  Let go of the stress!  Let go of the disbelief!  Accept the love of your Heavenly Father and accept the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.  Learn to love again.

May the love of God invade your personal space today.  May His love invade your heart and transform your life.  May you learn to love again, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...