Friday, April 24, 2015

BE STILL





Psa 46:10  "Be still, and know that I am God."

This mornings sunrise spoke volumes to my heart.  As we rise up each day we need to take a moment or two and just be still.  Can we do that?  Can we stop rushing around like chickens with our heads cut off?  Can we stop running like our life depends on it?  Can we just take a moment and just be still?  

This morning God wanted me to be still.  The orange glow from the impending sunrise began to peek through my windows beckoning me to lift my head and wipe away the sleep from my eyes.   I threw on my glasses and grabbed my I Pad for this picture.  I love time spent with God in the quiet, still time of the morning.   As I sat on my couch reading my devotionals for today, the scene outside was serene and peaceful.  I couldn't help but connect with God.

As the sun kissed the horizon, an orange glow began to fill the skies.  The reflection on the lake was amazing.  Across from our home the geese were just beginning to stir and squawk (and squawk and squawk and squawk and squawk).  The water was calm and smooth as glass.  Much different than it has been the last few days with all the wind.  As I glanced around at the scenery, the sound of fish jumping filled the air and the ripples danced across the water in a circular motion.  The clear blue skies was refreshing, I get really tired of clouds!  As I glanced across the water I heard a voice saying,  "Be still".

This verse is simple yet so profound.  "Be still and know that I am God."  I remember when I was little my mom constantly said to me, "Can't you just sit still for one minute?"   Back then I couldn't.  I had places to go, people to see, things to do, toys to play with.  You know, I had important things to do.  My future was on the line here.  Yea I may have only been 8 years old, but I had plans.  

 This verse speaks to me in so many ways.  It speaks to me of trusting God.  For me, I surrender control of my life to God.  One reason it is easy for me to do this is because I get really tired of trying to do it myself and trying to do it my way because it never seems to work out the way I had planned.  I get frustrated and angry because once again I screwed up.  

It speaks to me of patience.  Yes, waiting on God can be tough but I have realized that His plan for my life is much better than mine.  His timing is much better than mine.   When we jump the gun and try to finish the race before we are in shape that is when we risk injury,  

There was a time a few weeks ago where I was sitting waiting for something or someone, I forget, but God spoke to me and challenged me to literally be still.  "The only thing I want to see moving is your lungs for breathing.  Don't move a finger or a toe or anything else.  Just me still."  Can I tell you, that was hard!!!  I thought about grabbing my phone, no!  My nose began to itch, no!  My hands wanted to move, no!  My foor wanted to swing back and forth, no!  I sat there for probably 5 minutes without moving a muscle and it was challenging.  

Be still and trust in God, not religion.  Be still and trust that Jesus Christ died for your sins and mine.  Be still and let God take control of the wheel.  Be still and rely on God to work all things out for your good.  Be still and enjoy the peace and grace Jesus Christ died to give you.  Be still and know that God is still God.  He has you in the palms of His hands.  

Let go of all your worries.  Let go of all the stress.  Let go of all the lies that fill your mind.  Let go of all the pain.  Let go of all the tears.   Let go of the sins that have kept you in chains.  Let go of the attitudes that drag you down.  Let go of the guilt that binds you.  
"Be still and know I am God"

Lord, I rest in you.  I put my trust in you.  I rely on you.  Help me learn let go of all the bondages that have kept me from your peace.  Help me release the anger and jealousy that fill my heart.  Help me learn to be still and know that you are God, not me.  In Jesus name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...