Wednesday, June 2, 2021

I'VE GOT YOU IN MY SIGHTS



 


Last night while I was taking a walk I came upon this beautiful deer.  Usually if I come across a deer when I am walking they instantly run away.  But this one didn't move.  In fact it's sort of funny.  Let me go back a few steps here.  I do not like walking by myself.  It makes me uncomfortable, especially when I walk by the woods in our neighborhood.  I picture a skunk or an angry raccoon.  But last night God challenged me.  I knew Jerry would go with me if I asked but he had other stuff to do and I just felt prompted by the Holy Spirit to go alone, so I did.  Then half way through I came across this deer.  As I spotted him I instantly slowed down and took out my phone for a photo.  No every other time I've tried to do this, the deer run and scatter.  But not this one.  He kept his eyes on me the whole time but he wasn't afraid.  It was like he was saying, "It's okay God sent me here to let you know He's always with you on your walk.  You are never alone."

Wow!!  That truth still rings in my ears and in my heart today.  This deer had me in his sights just like God does.  It makes me think of all of you who are struggling right now with fears or doubts.  God's got you in His sights!  You are never alone!  I know it's hard when there are trials and storms in our lives.  Whether it's a devastating loss of a loved one, a bad medical diagnosis, a financial crisis or just and emotional chaos....God's got you in His sights.  When you feel alone, He is there.  When you feel lost, He is guiding you.  When you are afraid, He is your fortress.  When you are sick, He is your healer.  When you are sad, He is your comforter.  

On my journey in life there have been many times I have felt lost.  There have been times I felt God had been silent.  There have been times I felt alone and afraid, but He always sends me a reminder that He is with me even if I don't realize it.  I am so grateful for the simple gift of this deer last night.  It may seem coincidental, it may seem illogical to some, but for me this deer was a sign from God.  I cling to these precious signs from above because they are a gift to me.  

What signs are you missing?  What or who is God placing right before your eyes, or even standing in the middle of the path you are on that you are missing?  For years I missed the gifts in front of me because I was caught up in "religion".  I didn't understand the truth about the relationship I could have with God through the blood of Jesus Christ.  He was with me all along my journey from "religion" to relationship.  I can talk with Him daily, or minute by minute, but He also talks with me.  He sees me, He hears me, He knows me, He loves me.  We sit down and talk together quite often and I cherish those times.  For me I won't answer the question, "What religion are you?" because that's not what it's about.  It's a relationship with the Holy Trinity that encompasses every aspect of my life.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...