Monday, June 21, 2021

STORMY WEATHER


 Spring and summer in Michigan mean storms.  Last week was crazy busy.  Babysitting our 3 youngest grandchildren, kindergarten graduation, dance class and T-ball made it even more exciting.  We were driving home from the graduation when these storm clouds appeared.  Driving down an old country road, the wind was crazy strong and these clouds were just looming over the countryside.  The photos do not do justice to seeing them in person.  It was amazing.  It was powerful.  It was exciting.  Yes I said exciting.  You see I have seen photos of these types of clouds before but seeing them in person was breathtaking.  Witnessing the power of this storm seriously made me double think about the power of our God.

God is more powerful than we can even begin to comprehend.  I understand He created this world we live in in 6 days but to witness His power and His creativity is something I love to experience.  I know for some of you God's power may seem frightening, but for me it inspires me and draws me closer to Him.  Listen I've said it before and I'll say it again, I know I'm weird.  Or I should say unique.  While many people, believers and non believers alike, fear God's power especially in a storm, I enjoy witnessing His power n display.  The other night was a prime example.  A thunderstorm was coming our way about 10 o'clock at night.  It was dark out and the wind was still, yet the smell of rain was obvious.  I sat in our screened in porch and watched as the lightning danced across the sky in a vivid display of God's power and creativity.  It was awesome.  While this was going on I listened to worship music and actually praised Him in the storm. 

Yes for me, worship happens everywhere not just in a church building.  Yes, for me worship happens not just in the good times but in the bad times as well.  In fact I get my most comfort when I praise Him in the stormy times of my life.  When all my hoe seems lost, when I have no where else to turn, when the situation I face becomes more than I can handle, I listen to worship music.  During this storm I surrendered my life, my heart and my family once again to God.  Because of my faith in belief in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, I have faith that even in the darkest storm, God is with me.  I pray, I surrender and I give all my stormy situations to the one who created me, the only one who can change the situation and my circumstances.

God calms the storms in my life.   While I don't always like them, okay et me clarify, I don't ever like the storms in my life.  I'd rather breeze through life with no complications, no storms, no twists or turns.  But I do not draw close to Him when life is a piece of cake.  I don't need Him when everything is going my way.  That is why God allows the storms in my life, and yours...to grow you and to draw you closer to Him.  It is only through the storms that I realize and remember how powerful my God is.  I am so grateful for the lessons I have learned through the storms in my life.  I am so thankful that I have a powerful God who loves me more than I can ever begin to comprehend.  If you don't know this God I'm talking about, please message me.  You don't know what you're missing out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...