Monday, June 25, 2018

IT'S A BRAND NEW DAY





In this ever changing world I am so glad that I have the reassurance that the sun will rise again on a brand new day.  I am glad that my confidence lies at the foot of the cross and not in human hands.  I am relieved that my strength comes from a higher power, God.  As I sit here staring into this computer screen I am being drawn into something much deeper than I had expected...true repentance.  While this is not a popular topic and many of us don't want to hear about true repentance, I am afraid we must stop and listen to the whole truth and nothing but the truth.  While many preachers gloss over this truth, while some don't even want to mention the "R" word I fail to see how someone can claim they preach the whole truth of God's word without talking about true repentance.

As I look back on my life I know there are many things I did wrong, many sins I committed, many acts of disobedience I lived through.  To be honest with you all, I repent daily, sometimes I repent hourly depending on my day and the circumstances in my life.  I do my best to live my life the way God wants me to, but it's not always easy and I'm human, so I fail quite often.  It's almost like Paul's litany when he says, "I do what I don't want to do and what I don't want to do I do"  Now come on be honest with me....I'm not the only one here who lives life that way.  We try our best but most times our best isn't good enough and we need to repent.  But repentance isn't easy, at least true repentance isn't.

True repentance leads me to the cross where I look up at the body of my Savior Jesus Christ that is all bloody, bruised and broken, and then I have to take an honest look in the mirror and see the reality of who I am and the sins I've committed.  It is only then in that reality that I can truly repent of my sins because I saw what my sins cost Jesus.  I see the scars on His body and I can't help but fall to my knees ans ask for forgiveness.  I can't hide the truth behind more lies and denials.  To truly repent I must face the truth about myself.  No one can do it for me, I can't make someone else repent.  I must get over my sweet little self and face the hard, cold truth.  It is only through true repentance that we can find the salvation Jesus Christ offered us on the cross.  It's only through believing in Him that we will ever be truly saved.    

2 Corinthians 7:10  Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death.

Because of Jesus's death on the cross, forgiveness is mine and I can live with no regrets because He has changed me through my true repentance.  My sins have been wiped clean and my heart has been transformed into a heart that beats for His glory, not mine.  Oh I still sin, but I become more aware of it and stop dead in my tracks and change direction ASAP.  Godly sorrow leads me to the cross where I begin to repent and allow Jesus Christ to change me and my heart.  Because of this simple yet profound fact I have a peace that surpasses all understanding.  Will you join me today and grasp the truth of true repentance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...