Tuesday, June 26, 2018

EMBRACE LIFE AND LEARN TO ENJOY IT


Remember the song from the movie "Cocktail"?  "Don't worry, be happy"?  That was my favorite song for a long time because it spoke such truth to me.  My granddaughter in this picture, has learned to enjoy life.  When it's hot outside I water my flowers with a hose and she proceeds to enjoy the coolness of the water instead of dwelling on the hotness of the sun.  She dances, she sings, she laughs, she embraces life and enjoys it.  Oh sure she cries when she's hurt but that doesn't ruin her day.  She brushes it off and gets back up and enjoys the rest of her day.  Do we live like that?  We can.

Today I want to learn to embrace this life I have and learn to enjoy it.  With all the ups and downs in life we are challenged as to whether we will buckle under the heavy weight of our current circumstances or embrace our current circumstances and learn to laugh and enjoy the lessons we are being taught.  The choice is ours to make.  Happiness is real and it is available to us today, right now.  Yes, at this very moment we can choose happiness.  Even though our circumstances may make today "the worst day ever", we can choose joy, we can choose peace, we can choose happiness.  No one is responsible for our happiness but the person staring back at us in mirror.  Our current circumstances cannot dictate our happiness, or at least they shouldn't.   

I know some very brave people who were in battles for their lives.  Cancer, can be a killer so how can someone enjoy their life while fighting this terrible disease?  The answer is crystal clear for me....Jesus Christ.  I have some very strong women and men friends who have been fighting this very battle yet they live their lives full of joy and happiness.  One man I know was battling cancer for the second time, lost his son and grandson in a 2 month period yet he still happy.  Why?  Jesus Christ.  

Happiness is not a mood or a feeling or an emotion, its a decision.  Every day I wake up I have the choice to look at my current circumstances and decide that no matter what...
I'M GOING TO BE HAPPY.
It's a choice that many of us miss out on.  It's a decision few of us want to make.  We'd rather wallow in our sorrows and throw ourselves a massive pity party and blast it all over social media so all our family and friends will know.  Oh the attention we will receive.  Oh the sympathy we will get.  The pats on the back the hugs, the tears are all meaningful and sometimes necessary, but what if we decided to embrace life and all it's challenges and just smile.

Listen I know life can be hard, I have had to personally deal with issues that don't make me happy, but there is someone I have come to rely on that takes my burdens upon His shoulders and gives me the peace I need to make it through the day...Jesus Christ.  He is my rock, my fortress, my shelter, my strength, my redeemer.  He works all things out for my good.  I can enjoy my life because I have the promise of eternity in heaven with Him.  I can be happy because I know He loves me enough to die for me.  I have decided to turn my life over to Jesus Christ.  No turning back, no looking back, no dwelling on my current circumstances because I trust in Him alone.  Join me on the journey of a lifetime and lets learn together to embrace this life we have and let's learn to enjoy it.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...