Wednesday, August 24, 2016

DO YOU FEEL BLESSED?



Ephesians 1:3  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in Christ.


Okay believers I have a question for you...do you believe the Bible?  Think about it, do you really believe the Bible is 100% accurate?  Now do not be quick to answer because God stumped me with this same question not too long ago.  I was just starting to read Ephesians when He stopped me at verse 2 and asked me that same question.  Of course my answer was yes.  But then I heard a whisper..."Read the next verse and stop and think about your answer again."  At first I didn't get it.  I had read this verse numerous times but then I had an Oprah ah-ha moment.  In other words God grabbed my attention immediately and has not let me forget what this verse really says.

It says that we are blessed with every spiritual blessing right?  Am I reading that correctly?  Okay so it says "WE ARE BLESSED".  Not we will be blessed, not we were blessed, not we can be blessed....it says "we are blessed".  That means right this very moment, wherever you are, whatever you are doing, you are blessed.  God has already blessed you.  It doesn't matter where we came from or where we're going.  As a believer in Jesus Christ, we are blessed.  You know I could stop right there and that would be enough to excite you, or at least it should.  But let me continue.....

"WITH EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING"  Do you get that?  Do you understand that?  We have EVERY spiritual blessing.  Not one or two, not three or four, no we have EVERY SPIRITUAL BLESSING.  To me (and I my be wrong, if I am let me know) that means we have been chosen, adopted, accepted, redeemed and forgiven.  We have been given wisdom, insight, and all the spiritual fruits.   We have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of our living Lord.  We have an inheritance waiting for us that we cannot even begin to imagine.

1 Corinthians 2:9 "But as it is written, eye has not seen, nor ear has heard and no human mind can conceive what God has waiting for those who love Him."

People we have no idea what God has waiting for us in heaven. His presence alone will be mind blowing.  But until then here on earth, we are blessed with every spiritual blessing.  To me that means we have the same power that raised Jesus from the dead living inside of us now.   We have so many blessings at our fingertips but we are so darn distracted, frustrated and overwhelmed that we often miss these blessings.  

I hear some of you now with your list of things that is wrong in your life.  In fact you probably have a list or I can find all your list on Facebook.   Listen I know life is hard.  It isn't the rose garden we were hoping for.  All your dreams and desires have crashed and burned.  But let me ask you a few questions.... Did the sun rise today?  Are you breathing?  Are you able to drink clean water?  Are you able to walk and talk?  

There are so many more questions I could ask but I hope you get my drift.  We waste way too much time seeing what's wrong in our lives.  We waste so much time on stupid distractions that take time away from our loved ones.  We waste so much time listening to the news broadcasts about how our world is falling apart.  Instead let's try to remove the distraction, put down our I Pads, turn off the TV, throw away that list of wrongs and embrace a sunset or sunrise together.  Blow the dust off that Bible and actually read it for ourselves.  Let's embrace the blessed life we have been given and count every spiritual blessing God has given us.  Be thankful for what you have been given, even if it seems like little to you.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...