Wednesday, June 8, 2016

A STONE COLD HEART





Ezekiel 36:26  Moreover I will give you a new heart.  I will put a new spirit within you.  I will remove the stony heart from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.

My passion for God has become dim.   My passion for connecting with God has been stolen. Where did it go?  How could this passion I once felt just disappear?  I should file a police report because someone took it, but who?  And why?  My smile has vanished, the light in my eyes have seemed to dim.  Oh sure I have faith in God still, but the passion, the desire seems to have diminished.  Oh well, what's the big deal anyway?  I mean I believe, I have faith and after all that's all that counts.  Right?  I love God, I just ain't feelin' it right now.  So what's the big deal?  Why all the concern?  So my passion seems gone?  It's like it was stolen right out of my soul, no particular reason, no particular event happened. so I can't blame anyone, or can I?

You see the enemy, Satan, wants to steal my passion for God.  He wants me to live distracted and aloof.  He wants me to believe it's no big deal if I have no real passion for God or spending time with God.  When my passion is gone, I am more vulnerable to temptations and discouragement.  When my passion to connect with God is diminished, my hope fades, life becomes mundane and boring.  My self esteem suffers blows that makes it hard to recover.  Every word or lack of words leave me feeling beaten down.  When my passion to spend time with God has vanished, I become a sad version of what I once was.  God's promises fade and my heart becomes like the stone in this picture, stone hard and cold. 

 These times are difficult for me to understand myself let alone my husband try to understand.  But these attacks are way too real.  Satan knows just where to hit me and who to use to do it.  You see he knows me better than I know myself sometimes.  He has studied me and knows my weakness.  He knows how to mess with me.  I have allowed myself to become a victim of sabotage.  My defenses have been lowered and an attack on my heart has began.  He condemns me and points out every flaw.  He accuses me of all my past sins.  He wants to destroy me and humiliate me.  He wants me filled with guilt.

I fall prey to his tactics and surrender my heart, why?  Why do I allow this?  I just don't get it.  Do you?  I mean I know God's word, I pray, I listen to sermons and I read good books...what the heck is wrong with me?  Do you ever feel like this?  Does your heart play tricks on you?  Is what I'm describing seem real to you?  Has the enemy stolen your passion?  Has he killed your joy?  Has he destroyed your life?  Then please listen to me for a moment....the only way to get your passion back to be honest with God and drop to your knees and pray.  The truth of the enemy is found in this next verse.....

John 10:10  The thief comes to steal, kill and destroy but I have come so that you may have life and have it abundantly.  

Look at the very first verse again and gaze at the promises of God.  The "I will" statements makes it clear that God's promises are for us in the here and now.  God is with us at all times, it doesn't matter if we feel we lost our passion for Him or not because He will never lose His passion for us.  He will reach down from heaven and touch our stone, cold hearts and give us a new heart and a renewed passion that beats for Him.  He will give us a new heart!  He will put a new spirit in us!  He will remove our heart of stone!  He will!!!  Do you get that?  Do you understand that?  The enemy is so busy trying to steal, kill and destroy those things that give our life meaning, we lose our passion.  How sad!

Passion, true passion, cannot be manufactured or made up.  Passion is what makes a parent run after a child in the street with a car racing around the corner.  Passion is whats makes your knees hit the floor after a bad medical diagnosis.  Passion is what makes pushes a track member to run one more lap as fast as he can.  Passion is what fuels a soldier to fight for freedom.  Passion is what sends a firefighter into a burning building with children in it.  Passion is what drives a police officer to lift a car off of an accident victim.  Passion is what motivates a husband to bring his wife flowers.  Passion is what drives me back into my War Room and back into my Bible.  

Passion connects me back with my God and my Savior.  Through honest, heart wrenching prayer I have had my heart renewed and refueled with the passion I need and desire most.  Heart surgery is not always easy and it can be complicated and painful, but the reward is so worth it.   Prayer is the only way I have found to really get my passion re-energized.  True and honest prayer, with tears running down your face, along with the mascara, can melt a stone cold heart.  

Grab a hold of the promises of God and get your passion back.  I will too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...