Monday, June 6, 2016

MY DELIVERER





Psalm 91:14-16  "Because he has devoted his love to Me, I will deliver him.  I will set him securely on high, because he know My Name.  When he calls on Me, I will answer him.  I will be with him in trouble, rescue him, and honor him.  With long life I will satisfy him and show him My salvation."

As I sit here right now thoughts of the past come creeping back into this brain of mine.  These thoughts cloud my vision and confuse my mind.  The past can be a scary place filled with storms that we often caused us more damage than we originally thought.  The repair process after a storm can be extensive or minor depending on the strength of the storm and the strength of our refuge.  No one likes to face the damage a storm creates in our lives.  Families can be altered and friendships tested beyond, and even our faith can become weak.  But when we love God and devote ourselves to Him, He is our hope, our refuge in the storm. 

Praise God in the midst of the storm.  Yea this is easier said than done, BUT it is an essential part of our faith and one that changes the course of our lives, when we learn to do this.  The thing I have come to realize is that no matter what our circumstances are, God is there. No matter how dark the storm clouds are, the sunshine will always pierce the darkness.  No matter how devastated we may feel, God is always holding us.  The thing I have learned through life is that when we learn to praise Him in the storm, when we ask Him what we need to learn through this process, we eventually come out on top and better off than we ever dreamed possible.  

Wilderness mentality when we are going through a storm will not help us.  The "woo is me" mentality, the pity parties and the sad faces lead us down a path that God does not want us to travel.  Trust me I have been down that road and occasionally I still do,  The pity party train is not a pleasant journey and quite frankly, I am sick and tired of it,  How many pity trains have you journeyed on?  I lost track.  Honestly I got tired of counting them.

Listen life is hard especially during a storm or trial.  The winds may blow, dark clouds may loom overhead and even thunder may roll, but when we love God, when we devote our lives to Him, there is no storm to big for Him to handle.  He is our safe place to hide.  He is our rock in quick sand.  He is our fortress in the storm.  He is our shield in battle.  Trust me when I say, I need God more and more each day.  

I wish I could say that I handle every storm correctly.  I wish I could say that I've got this, but I can't, at least I can't say it with all honesty.   I am human!  But at least I know what this verse says and it gives me hope.  Because I love God, because I am devoted to Him, He will deliver me!  He will set me on high!  He will answer me!  He will be with me during times of trouble and strife.  He will rescue me from my enemies,  And He will satisfy me with a long life and the promise of salvation.  

Oh there are days I wake up and wonder why?  Why am I here?  Why does God love me?  Why do I feel so down?  Why am I going through this right now?  My list of "whys" can be quite long at times.  Then at other times I feel empowered and strong and loved.  I don't understand all of our human emotions and I'm not going to try to understand them.   But what I know is this; God loves me!  That's all I need to know right now.

I will continue to devote my love to God.  And because of Jesus Christ, I have the very presence of God inside of me.  That fact changes everything in my life.  I can endure anything knowing that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...