Friday, September 25, 2015

TAKE A STAND - STOP SITTING ON THE FENCE






I am taking a stand!  Will you join me?  Now before you answer you need to stop and think about it.  It's very risky!  I'm not talking about protesting anything or raising a fuss about something.  I'm talking about taking a stand for Jesus.  I'm talking about no more lukewarm living!  No more compromise!  I'm talking about being red, hot on fire for Jesus.  

Let me ask you this question, do your friends and family know you are a believer?  Do you pray before you eat in public at a restaurant?  Do you change the way you talk and act because someone you know is not a believer?  Do you live your life on the fence always being careful not to offend others?  

For way too many years I have lived my life on the fence.  Always cautious about not offending someone who believes differently than I do.  Always trying to just get along and not disagree.  I keep my opinions to myself because I don't want to ruffle anyone's tail feathers.  I have tried to chose my words and actions carefully, God forbid I actually say something that may trigger a response.  I have lived a lukewarm life.  I have sat on the fence for way too long.  

What will I take a stand for if not for Jesus?  Why am I so afraid of letting people know that Jesus Christ is my everything?   Why am I so comfortable continuing to live my life lukewarm?  Can you answer any of these questions honestly? 

Revelation 3:16 (NKJV) So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
or
Revelation 3:16 (The Message)  You're stale. You're stagnant. You make me want to vomit. 

I don't know about you but for me the thought of God vomiting me out of His mouth gets my attention.  The very idea that being lukewarm is repulsive to God is life changing for me.  I've heard it before, I read it before but when I was at the Joyce Meyer Women's Conference last week and I saw the Joyce sitting on the fence, that really made me finally connect the dots in my mind and my heart.    It made me question myself.  Where am I going to stand?  What does it take for me to get off the fence?  What does God have to do in order to wake me up and stop this stupid lukewarm living?

God is depending on us to help Him reach the world.  If we're just sitting on the fence living our safe and comfortable lukewarm life, how will anyone know Him?  I had to dive deep into my heart for this one.  I had to realize that for years, oh heck who am I kidding?  My entire life has been spent living on the fence.  Oh I have been saved by the blood of Jesus Christ, but I was saved just enough that I knew I would not go to hell.  

What comes before God in your life?  TV?  Games?  Sports?  Exercise?  Electronics?  Yourself?Family?  Husband?  Wife?  God should come first!   I don't live this way like I should.  I compromise and end up living on the fence.  I've lived on the fence too long.  I'm tired of living this way.  I do not want to be stagnant or stale any more.  I refuse to live life on the fence always compromising and living life lukewarm.  How about you?

Today I am taking a stand!  Today I want everyone to know that I am in love with Jesus Christ!  He is my first love!  He is my everything!  I am on fire for Jesus Christ!  God comes first in my life!  God was here in the very beginning and He will be here in the end no matter how hard people try to get rid of Him.  I'm taking a stand and getting off my fence. I am going to live my life red hot on fire for Jesus Christ.  No compromise!  No excuses!  No turning back!

Lord, send the fire of your Holy Spirit down on me today and burn away everything that is not of you.  Burn away anything and everything that does not give you glory.  Refine me and remove my lukewarm, mediocre self and fill me with more of you, in Jesus name I pray, amen!

     



No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...