Monday, July 28, 2014

"YOU'RE THE INSPIRATION"




"You know our love was meant to be The kind of love that lasts forever And I want you here with me From tonight until the end of time You should know, everywhere I go You're always on my mind, in my heart In my soul


You're the meaning in my life You're the inspiration You bring feeling to my life You're the inspiration Wanna have you near me I wanna have you hear me sayin' No one needs you more than I need you

And I know, yes I know that it's plain to see  We're so in love when we're together
And I know that I need you here with me
From tonight until the end of time
You should know, everywhere I go
Always on my mind, in my heart in my soul"



These are the lyrics from a song by the band Chicago back in the late 70's I believe.  I know that I am dating myself by saying this was one of my favorite songs back then.  This song touched my heart and soul.  Back then this song spoke to me about Jerry and I's love for each other.  I honestly haven't listened to it is probably 30 years so a few weeks ago I thought I would download a few of the "oldies" that I loved so that could listen to them to bring back memories of the "good ole days".  Kids stop laughing!!!  Anyway when I heard this song the other day my mind instantly wandered back to those days of dating.  Then I heard that still small voice speak to me and prod me to listen to it with my faith.  To say I was speechless would be an understatement.  This song speaks to my faith and my love for Jesus Christ more than I dreamed possible.  Okay that may sound corny to some of you or a little far fetched but for me it was an eye opener.  I never thought that secular songs could have anything to do with my love for Jesus Christ, but time and time again I have been proven wrong.  At the church I used to attend, they used secular music to reach the lost and broken because usually the lost and broken could relate better to a song they have heard on the radio.  If the lyrics weren't appropriate they would just play the instruments and leave the words out.  Sometimes they replaced the words bit they always managed to pick out music that spoke to the message, yes even from secular music.  Ever since we attended that church I have began to look at secular music differently.  All church music does not have to be hymns and ballads played on an organ.  All church music does not have to be "Christian" music.  

Take this song for example.  As far as I am concerned the love between Jesus Christ and I was meant to be and it will last an eternity.  I want Jesus Christ with me, wherever I go, whatever I do, from tonight until the end of time as we know it.  Jesus Christ is on my mind all the time or at least He should be.  He dwells in my heart and in my soul.  He is the one true meaning to my life and He is the inspiration that drives me to be a better person.  He has brought me so much love and peace that I want Him to be near me.  I want Him to hear me say that I need Him!  I am in love with Jesus Christ!  When I am together with Him, my life is amazing.  I know that I need Him here with me.  He is a part of my life that I cannot and will not let go.  He is my inspiration!  Jesus Christ is the love of my life.  (Jerry is right after Him and that's fine with Jerry)  

There are many different songs that can touch our hearts, not just hymns and christian music.  There are some people who have a big problem with churches that use secular music to reach the lost, but not me.  As long as they are not singing lyrics about sinning, I don't see a problem with that.  I know for me personally God used a secular song to tell me that I was on the right track going to a new church.  It was sort if funny yet one of those teary eyes moments that touched me and let me know I was going in the right direction.  We decided to try a friends church.  Being a catholic, I was afraid of stepping foot in another "religion", so before I stepped foot in this church, I said a prayer.  "God, please give me a sign if this is heading in the right direction."  That's all I prayed, simple and to the point.  We walked in, sat down and the band started playing music.  No lyrics, just music.  Jerry looked at me with dumbfounded look on my face and said "What did you just pray?"  I told him then he proceeded to tell me what the name of the song was.  It was called "The Breeze"  a song by Led Zeppelin I believe.  Tears began to flow down my cheeks.  My dad had died a few years before that and his nickname was Breeze.  

So God can speak to us through many different avenues in life.  It doesn't have to be all Christian or religious.  God can speak to us through a friend, a TV show, a book or a love song.  You see God speaks to me in many ways that are not considered "religious".  By guiding traffic at a county fair, God shows me who needs prayer.  By seeing a homeless man standing on the street corner, God tells me to give some money to him.  By listening to a song from the past, He brings forth marvelous memories and transforms the music into a love fest with Jesus Christ.  I am constantly amazed at how He has transformed every area of my life, even those I didn't know needed some work.  So in closing I want to ask you a question.  Who is the inspiration of your life?   If it's not Jesus Christ, then my friend you need to change your course immediately!  IF Jesus Christ is not the love of your life, then my friend you need to reevaluate your priorities.  

May Jesus Christ invade your heart and soul today.  May He become the inspiration that changes your life forever and may you fall in love with Him, like I have, in Jesus name I pray, amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CHEERS TO 2022

  I know it's been a few weeks since I graced you with my blog...sorry my mind has been elsewhere and my heart just hasn't been in i...